Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Bolt-On C6 Z51 6-speed Vert' vs. Mercedes CL55 AMG

Old 01-24-2013, 10:28 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bolt-On C6 Z51 6-speed Vert' vs. Mercedes CL55 AMG

Whenever good action pops up, I have my Hero3 Black charging at home. Whenever I have it, I have some ricer or pick-up trying to race. Anyways, here is my recent encounter.....

So I was merging on the highway when I notice a black benz on my rear. I accelerate slowly out of gear, and he stays tailgating me. Looked like it was possibly an AMG, and he wanted to instigate a run, so I downshift to 2nd at 50 mph to see if he could hang. I start pulling away from him, but I see he was getting on it trying to catch me. At this time, Im a little confident I had more power than him, but I wanted to see what he was driving and see if I could get a clean run. So he catches up and gets in front of me. I notice it was a CL55 AMG after all. Anyway, I thought I could honk it off, but he suddenly floors it to take off on me. I give him the jump at about 70, but I was in 3rd gear waiting for his move. He gets about a 1.5 car head start, but I caught him and was about to overtake him before the end of 3rd. Shift to 4th at 110 mph, and begin to walk away from him. I take it to 150 mph, but then shut it down with him several lengths back. I slowed down hoping to give him a thumbs up, but he wouldnt get next to me again. Oh well, it was fun. Thanks for reading. Haven't had a Benz run in in a while.
Old 01-24-2013, 11:03 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good kill. The AMG guys really don't like losing. I had one who had an entire convo with me at a light to race, and afterwards, didn't even want to say anything.

I mean, no one likes losing, but hell... at least a thumbs up either way.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Bolt-On C6 Z51 6-speed Vert' vs. Mercedes CL55 AMG