Sponsored by:

Poor Throttle Response After 90mm Install

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2013, 12:52 PM
DMM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Poor Throttle Response After 90mm Install

Upgraded to a 90mm throttle body from the 78mm, and now the throttle response is pretty horrible. I have played around with some of the throttle cracker, throttle follower, and decay values, but I really have no idea what they do and don't want to screw anything up. It's got a pretty sever flare up on start up when hot also, which nothing has seemed to help to this point.

Also, I am thinking that the BE is not working correctly, has anyone had problems with an HP Tuners 2 BAR system lag pretty substantially in BE? Seems to not enter BE when crossing the 100KPa threshold under normal cruising, when not initially already in PE.
Attached Files
File Type: hpt
20042BAR_8_PSI_ADV_Test.hpt (515.7 KB, 98 views)
Old 01-27-2013, 05:26 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yep the BE is useless in HPT... you need to use the 105kpa row of the OL/FA table or PE to command boost fueling. I'm not on my tuning laptop but did you set the area scaler for the larger TB?
Old 01-27-2013, 06:41 PM
DMM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by James@ShorTuning
Yep the BE is useless in HPT... you need to use the 105kpa row of the OL/FA table or PE to command boost fueling. I'm not on my tuning laptop but did you set the area scaler for the larger TB?
Thanks, James. I was afraid of that with the BE. HPT seems to market the product as something that it's not. It would be nice to have BE independent of PE, as there are times with a roots supercharger that you enter boost conditions under cruise since the bypass is vacuum (load) actuated and can cross into boost. It seems that I am somewhat screwed now.

The ETC scaler area is set correctly to 0.0192, and functions well enough, it just lost A LOT fine control, which is likely attributed to the everything else set for the intended 78mm throttle body. I just don't know for a fact what all of the adjustments do and the provided descriptions in HPT fall short.
Old 01-29-2013, 07:00 PM
DMM
TECH Fanatic

Well, after trying a few different things without success, I decided to perform another "write entire" using the stock ETC value's...and the throttle problems went away. Weird.

Quick Reply: Poor Throttle Response After 90mm Install