Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A4 2-3 shift

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2004, 09:59 AM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Default A4 2-3 shift

Well after trying deep pan,speed sensor different types of programs with different shift pressures and times or speeds I'm at the end of the line . going to try and make dealer install new tranny as this one only has 2500-3000 miles on it and has had the same problem since they put it in .This is supppose to be the better 4L65e tranny .The car only has 15k miles on it and has had tranny rebuilt then it went out on the way home and now the new ones still f**ked up .Problem only happens during wide open throottle passes being on the street or at the track which is not to many times as i dont want to break it at the track ...towing would cost alot being 80+ miles to my house should have never wreaked the 01 had a converter go bad in it and still worked good after flushing geuss the heavy *** convertable is to much for the tranny i geuss...
Old 04-18-2004, 07:16 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Might as well start saving the cash for a vacuum modulated FLP Level IV Transmission. Your going to keep burning them up with a PCM modulated shift. They tuned our transmissions from the factory with comfort in mind, not performance. No amount of tweaking the PCM is going to get rid of that problem. These trannys were not exactly designed for the amount of power an LS1 puts down, they are limited to 350ft lbs in the PCM from the factory. Not to mention... you are driving a pig convertable............
Old 04-18-2004, 09:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

watch it buddy... who are you calling a pig.
Old 04-19-2004, 08:54 AM
10 Second Club

If only I had a tranny from the factory like my 01 SS had I'd be set that tranny never gave me any problems and i think with a good tranny my (pig) will be faster then yours was with SI......
Old 04-19-2004, 02:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

did you install a 4L65E in your vert? if not you don't have one. they didnt come in 02 f-bodies or any f-bodies for that matter.
Old 04-19-2004, 03:52 PM
10 Second Club

The stock 4l60e went out and dealer installed a 4l65e about 3000 miles ago and is doing the same thing...this will be the 2 nd time going into the 65 as it went out on the way home less then 50miles they said the 3-4 clutch pack was installed wrong and put new ones in si i'm going to insist on a new 65e tranny this time no more rebuilds...
Old 04-20-2004, 01:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 11SECSS
The stock 4l60e went out and dealer installed a 4l65e about 3000 miles ago and is doing the same thing...this will be the 2 nd time going into the 65 as it went out on the way home less then 50miles they said the 3-4 clutch pack was installed wrong and put new ones in si i'm going to insist on a new 65e tranny this time no more rebuilds...

it sounds to me like you have a problem other tha the clutch pack itself... maybe some type of electronic problem (or a pressure leak) is causing the trans to operate with less than normal line pressure, therefore slipping and eventually burning up the clutch pack. it happened to my friends car when the shaft in the drum started leaking....just something to think about....good luck man!
Old 04-20-2004, 12:10 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 11SECSS
If only I had a tranny from the factory like my 01 SS had I'd be set that tranny never gave me any problems and i think with a good tranny my (pig) will be faster then yours was with SI......
Actually if I had some of things that I have done now with my car, I don't think it would have. Finally went tubular on the front, and got a nice suspension, and some weight reduction, and some gears. I will have to admit my stock tranny has taken a hell of a beating, and at nearly 60,000 miles it's time to retire it and put something in a little stronger. It was doing the very same thing on the gas.