Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Bra!?!

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2013, 11:06 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1,213 Likes on 778 Posts

Default Bra!?!

Hey guys, I have a 2002 z and a terrible problem to go with it. GRAVEL!
I have to drive exactly one mile from my home to blacktop every single day Having seen them before and not disliking their appearance i am looking to buy a bra for the front end and first 8" of the hood. I am looking to order a leBra brand cover and have an issue. When filliing out my order it asks about a "sport appearance package" what does this entail?

Overall here are my two questions...what does the sport appearance package include and how to you all feel about a bra on a camaro?
Old 01-27-2013, 11:12 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You could look at getting a 3M plastic bra. You can't tell its there but it protects it.. I have one on my Trans Am. I don't think cars look great with a bra but whatever protects the paint!
Old 01-28-2013, 03:16 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are you following closely to other cars on the gravel road? Otherwise how is a bra going to protect it?
Old 01-28-2013, 05:06 AM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 94 White T/A
Are you following closely to other cars on the gravel road? Otherwise how is a bra going to protect it?
thats what im wondering too.
Old 01-28-2013, 05:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by MaroonMonsterLS1
Hey guys, I have a 2002 z and a terrible problem to go with it. GRAVEL!
I have to drive exactly one mile from my home to blacktop every single day Having seen them before and not disliking their appearance i am looking to buy a bra for the front end and first 8" of the hood. I am looking to order a leBra brand cover and have an issue. When filliing out my order it asks about a "sport appearance package" what does this entail?

Overall here are my two questions...what does the sport appearance package include and how to you all feel about a bra on a camaro?
I can only help you on the 2nd question. I have the Colgan Bra. Do a search on here and read some of the stories good and bad on here. I have had one since 05 and I love mine. My son had the LeBra one on his GTP GrandPrix and because he didn't secure it better and it was a lose fit it ruined his paint on the front. I use to drive mine daily and now its a garage queen and the cover stays on it year round. I use to get chips also and mine solved my problem but they can destroy your paint if you don't pull them off often to clean and check the underside. Most cases cars look better without the Bra's but given my situation it works great for me, but only the Colgan one is all I would use.
Old 01-28-2013, 05:26 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Sail Hatan
thats what im wondering too.
x2..?

Originally Posted by Beck2013
You could look at getting a 3M plastic bra. You can't tell its there but it protects it.. I have one on my Trans Am. I don't think cars look great with a bra but whatever protects the paint!
^This. That's the only way to go. Maintain the appearance while adding the protection.
Old 01-28-2013, 06:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 94 White T/A
I've never seen a gravel road that has heavy traffic.
Old 01-28-2013, 09:12 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A car going the other way would throw stones as well. I would go with a clear bra. It will still protect the car and be almost unnoticeable in the process.
Old 01-28-2013, 09:15 AM
TECH Junkie

In my case gravel has a lot of traffic...semi traffic. About a quarter mile further than I live there is a guy that runs a trucking business out of his home. They move grain, have a couple side dumps, and also a big CAT payloader.

Way more traffic than i'd ever like but he's a really great guy and uses the payloader to plow away the snow in winter before plow trucks get there so it has it's benefits too.

Do you happen to have pictures of the Colgon bra Sailinghawk?
also, does it cover any of the hood?

Thanks Guys,
Grady
Old 01-28-2013, 12:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

In my case gravel has a lot of traffic...semi traffic. About a quarter mile further than I live there is a guy that runs a trucking business out of his home. They move grain, have a couple side dumps, and also a big CAT payloader.

Way more traffic than i'd ever like but he's a really great guy and uses the payloader to plow away the snow in winter before plow trucks get there so it has it's benefits too.

Thanks Guys,
Grady

lol Yup, just look in the Fquick pictures under my pictures. I had the same problem going to work on a 2 mile long dirt road where the tractor trailers coming out of the dump and the trucks coming out of the power plant. Got 2 broken windshields out of it. Thats from them going the opposite way of me.
Old 01-28-2013, 12:28 PM
On The Tree

Sports appearance package would be ground effects no?
Old 01-28-2013, 12:54 PM
TECH Regular

Thanks Guys,
Grady
That sucks. I was just checking because I've had people say they need a bra when they really don't. I'd also go with some kind of clear bra. I know someone with the 3m one and it isnt noticible unless you know its there
Old 01-28-2013, 02:43 PM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

GGet the clear 3m film,bras suck
Old 01-28-2013, 03:04 PM
On The Tree

I know of a few guys that applied CLEAR PLASTI DIP as a bra. Looks good, removes easy, easy to get at your local hardware stores. And the cost is about 7 bucks a can, and will cover about 5 or 6 cars. Mask it, apply it, walk away from it.
Old 01-28-2013, 10:57 PM
TECH Junkie

Colgan Bra is showing up as $180 bucks from them directly...any better places to order from or is direct worth the money in this case...Also, why is everyone so strongly encouraging the 3M clear plastic bra? It's like a vinyl sticker only clear right? Maybe this is just me but from looking at pictures i Kind-of like the look of the bra...wierd?
Old 01-29-2013, 06:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Colgan Bra is showing up as $180 bucks from them directly...any better places to order from or is direct worth the money in this case...Also, why is everyone so strongly encouraging the 3M clear plastic bra? It's like a vinyl sticker only clear right? Maybe this is just me but from looking at pictures i Kind-of like the look of the bra...wierd?
Not weird, but alot don't like bra's and alot do. Different strokes for different folks. Check I believe (Afterthoughts) I ordered mine thru them.http://www.afterthoughtsauto.com/protective.html

Quick Reply: Bra!?!