Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

2000 Monsoon system sounds like cr*p

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2013, 10:22 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 Monsoon system sounds like cr*p

I just bought a 2000 Z28 Convertible with the Monsoon system and 12 disc changer and it sounds pretty bad. The LH door speaker sounds blown, not sure about any of the others.

I looked at the Kee Audio replacement speakers and that seems like a decent alternative to a complete system swap out. I've priced a complete system elsewhere, so I have a good idea what that will cost. I am looking for a decent sounding system with an eye toward spending less $ so I have cash for mechanical mods along with keeping my major car project on track.

What does the board think? Should I go with one of the Kee speaker packages and keep the Monsoon or start over with a new head unit and traditional speakers?

Also does anyone have experience with any sort of Ipod adapter for the Monsoon system?
Old 02-01-2013, 07:46 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you don't care about an aux port, then I wouldn't worry about a stereo unless you're going to add a sub. Also, I used to have an auxiliary input adapter on my Grand Prix. It worked great, was easy to install, kept the stock radio look, and only cost around $60

Quick Reply: 2000 Monsoon system sounds like cr*p