Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

LS7 clutch

Old 01-28-2013, 03:29 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS7 clutch

Probably a re-post but can anyone recommend the best place to buy a ls7 clutch and Master for my 99 TA?
Old 01-28-2013, 05:29 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ls1nig
Probably a re-post but can anyone recommend the best place to buy a ls7 clutch and Master for my 99 TA?
This may not help a whole lot, but I found one of craigslist. I think you can find one if you keep an eye out. Several forums and CL. Even Ebay maybe.
Old 01-29-2013, 11:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When I was looking for a master cylinder for my car the best prices were at Kragen/Orielly's, Autozone, ect... Not sure about the LS7 clutch. Every once and a while you'll see a vendor post up a thread with a killer deal on an LS7 clutch but I haven't seen one lately. To be honest I'd go with a Monster stage 1. Here is some info about it pasted from the monster clutch site if you want to take a look.

"This clutch was designed as a direct competitor to the LS7 unit, only better. The Level 1 features our proven Heavy Duty Pressure Plate, Carbon/Organic 12" disc and a SFI certified billet steel flywheel which is far superior in every way to the OE style LS7 unit!
We start with the two most important pieces, the disc and the pressure plate. We all know that the LS7 pressure plate, while great for a stock car, is a joke for competitive driving. It “self adjusts” and adds comfort to driving your car which loosely translates to; the pedal goes limp when you power shift or the unit just outright fails! We start with a clean slate and offer you the best of pressure plates and clutch discs! Our proven Heavy Duty pressure plate is a HUGE improvement over the LS7, the plate load is considerably higher with only a 5% stiffer pedal over stock. Our friction is far superior to the standard organic used by the OE manufacturers as well. Our material is impregnated with a carbon mixture to reduce high heat breakdown and increase the coefficient of friction, this translates to higher holding capacity and the ability to take a beating. With this you get a clutch that will support up to 450 rwhp without any worries to the driver and will still drive like a stock unit. We throw in a SFI certified billet steel flywheel so when you upgrade your car at a later time you won’t need to swap it out!

Don’t get confused, we rate this clutch at 450 rwhp because it will take it. The LS7 is equipped in a vehicle that makes the same horsepower; however it cannot take consistent abuse like ours. You mix this with the fact that the LS7 unit doesn’t come complete with everything you need nor does it come with a warranty; it’s a no-brainer.

This clutch is rated at 450hp/tq. It will take a beating on the street with some drag racing as well. This clutch should be used on cars that have 450rwhp or less and frequent the track a few times a year
."

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: LS7 clutch