Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Whistler'd Headlights not fitting well

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2013, 09:31 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whistler'd Headlights not fitting well

Hi guys, So I received my Whistler'd headlights from 6LE Designs last week and installed them Saturday. I'm not too pleased with how they fit since they are depo stock headlights and you would think they would fit perfectly.

I had to adjust them quite severely with the elevators just to get them to mount to the mounting bracket.

When mounted, I adjusted them here and there and this is the best I could do, better believe I am going to try to get them perfect this upcoming weekend but I need some pointers because I feel like this is the best it is which is lousy.

There is a pretty big gap on the driver side light about 1/2 inch - 1 inch at some points. The passenger side is better only being about a 1/2 inch gap.

Anyone have fitment issues with these before and what did you do to solve it. Customize the mounting bracket?

Car previously had halos and they even fitted better than this. Car has never been in any accidents.

Driver:

Passenger:

Old 01-30-2013, 11:07 AM
TECH Veteran

I adjusted my brackets closer to the front bumper and added washers where they bolt up and they fit almost perfect... I also added some weather stripping in between the bumper and the existing stripping on the lens and it looked amazing IMO
Old 01-30-2013, 11:13 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ls1CamaroGuy87
I adjusted my brackets closer to the front bumper and added washers where they bolt up and they fit almost perfect... I also added some weather stripping in between the bumper and the existing stripping on the lens and it looked amazing IMO
I see, So how did you adjust the brackets to make them closer? Or is it just that simple? Did you use the washers, like you said, to make this happen?

I was thinking washers. Damn, weather stripping too huh? You would think these would fit snug lol I'm almost there but not quite.
Old 01-30-2013, 11:25 AM
Teching In

swap the mounting brackets from your old lights to the new ones, solved the same issues i had with the same headlights.
Old 01-30-2013, 11:32 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kalh7
swap the mounting brackets from your old lights to the new ones, solved the same issues i had with the same headlights.
blaa, already sold the old ones.
Old 01-30-2013, 11:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 170 Likes on 118 Posts

I had the same issue, will be swapping to the original headlights brackets soon and hopefully they will line up better.
Old 01-30-2013, 11:58 AM
TECH Veteran

^^that's another way to do it. The only place I used washers is on the ONE bolt that holds each headlight in place. The actual metal brackets which are attached to the bumper support I loosened and slid them forward as much as possible...

I hate how the stock lights fit too, so the weather stripping took care of that. I will get you the brand name of stripping I got at Home Depot b/c it looks really good and you can barely tell that it is extra stripping... it really looks stock. It fills all the gaps...
Old 01-30-2013, 12:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Nice to know. I thought that they were close to OEM. I guess the brackets are a little different. I'll be saving the old ones when I pop on these then...
Old 01-30-2013, 12:19 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Raoul-Duke
blaa, already sold the old ones.
This is what I was trying to tell you to do via PM's. But since your old ones were Halo's, it might've not helped. If you can find OEM brackets, it'll help some.

Originally Posted by DaRReLL
Nice to know. I thought that they were close to OEM. I guess the brackets are a little different. I'll be saving the old ones when I pop on these then...
That's what I did as well. That's the easiest fix.
Old 01-30-2013, 12:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DaRReLL
Originally Posted by Sommer86
This is what I was trying to tell you to do via PM's. But since your old ones were Halo's, it might've not helped. If you can find OEM brackets, it'll help some.

That's what I did as well. That's the easiest fix.
So I either can go the stock bracket route, or jimmy them with washers.

Well I guess if I could twerk it with washers for now it may work to where I can live with it. If not, then I'll search for some brackets.
Old 01-30-2013, 02:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I did the same thing, swapped the brackets and used D-profile weather strip I got from Amazon to fill the gap.
Old 01-30-2013, 02:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MasterV8
I did the same thing, swapped the brackets and used D-profile weather strip I got from Amazon to fill the gap.
Damn, these stock brackets easy to come by?
Old 01-30-2013, 10:02 PM
Douchebag On The Tree

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Nice potato...is that 1.2MP?

But seriously that blows. You'd think you'd be able to drop them in there and tighten everything down.
Old 01-30-2013, 10:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I think it comes down to how they are adjusted. Mine fit fine. Yes there is a gap but my stock lights had a similar gap too.

Your pics suck but it looks to me like you have them pointing inwards towards the center of the car too much. Adjust them back outward a bit. That may help.
Old 01-31-2013, 08:19 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by justin455
Nice potato...is that 1.2MP?

But seriously that blows. You'd think you'd be able to drop them in there and tighten everything down.
lol Yeah you would think.

Originally Posted by SparkyJJO
I think it comes down to how they are adjusted. Mine fit fine. Yes there is a gap but my stock lights had a similar gap too.

Your pics suck but it looks to me like you have them pointing inwards towards the center of the car too much. Adjust them back outward a bit. That may help.
haha yes. I took them on my phone which is on its last leg, trying to get it to live a few more months until my contract ends.

Yeah I have them pointing inward so it closes as much gap as it can. It would be worse. I haven't been able to test where the light is projected yet because I'm waiting on my HIDs since my H1s wont fit into these.

I wish I had your luck with them, Did you use the brackets they came with or the stock ones?

And just to clarify, the "bracket" is the plastic piece screwed onto the back of the lamp housing with the adjustors/elevators ?
Old 01-31-2013, 09:04 AM
Teching In

somer do you have any pictures of your headlights?
Old 01-31-2013, 01:07 PM
On The Tree

i am having the same problem with my sonar headlighs, the plastic adjuster even broke of. so i guess its back to stock housings for me.
Old 01-31-2013, 06:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Raoul-Duke
lol Yeah you would think.

haha yes. I took them on my phone which is on its last leg, trying to get it to live a few more months until my contract ends.

Yeah I have them pointing inward so it closes as much gap as it can. It would be worse. I haven't been able to test where the light is projected yet because I'm waiting on my HIDs since my H1s wont fit into these.

I wish I had your luck with them, Did you use the brackets they came with or the stock ones?

And just to clarify, the "bracket" is the plastic piece screwed onto the back of the lamp housing with the adjustors/elevators ?
Yeah, I used the plastic brackets they came with.
Old 02-04-2013, 09:58 AM
TECH Enthusiast

So I found my old headlights in the garage and switched mounting brackets and it does fit a lot better. However I wasn't able to allign the headlights because I could not back my car out because of the snow. I do not know if they even need to be, but I'm sure they need to be slightly tweaked.

But I don't think it will matter too much. Problem looks to be solved.
Old 02-05-2013, 05:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

Any pictures or info on the gaskets?

Quick Reply: Whistler'd Headlights not fitting well