Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

2000 Z28 vert sound system (monsoon)

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2013, 07:57 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 Z28 vert sound system (monsoon)

Alright guys first time posting on here, finally starting to get money. so i have a 2000 vert with a monsoon system. I want to keep the head unit but change the speakers as they sound like crap. any idea's? also i would love to add an aux port to my head unit because it says aux on it. sorry guys NOOB!
Old 01-30-2013, 11:08 PM
TECH Regular

if you really want better sound, youll replace the headunit too. its a known distortion factory
Old 01-31-2013, 05:17 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Get a 2DIN HU, a nice amp ( 2 chan if you want to go cheap , 4 channel if you want the best sound.

Grab a nice set of components in the front , since you have a camaro you might need tweeter pods from 6LE or something.

In the rear you could go with a set of shallow mount coaxials and feed them off the HU or if you want to spend more , get custom pods for components ( can send you a link if u PM me ) and add a set of nice components in the back also fed by an amp..
My current setup is a pioneer HU , pioneer components in the front fed by an amp , shallow mount coaxials in the back and an active sub in the trunk and its pretty good with the top up , most people cant take how loud my stereo will go and I listen to a lot of dubstep lol

If you are hell bent on keeping the stock HU , search for the "novak jack" to add an aux port..

Quick Reply: 2000 Z28 vert sound system (monsoon)