Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

M6 Swap

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2013, 11:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default M6 Swap

So im going to be doing my A4 to M6 swap here in a few months and i plan on getting the parts slowly. I need some checks on my list just to make sure im not forgetting anything.

Master Cylinder
Slave Cylinder
Fly Wheel
Trans support
M6 Trans
Clutch
Touqe Converter
Interior Center Trim

I feel like my list is rather small for this swap. am i forgetting anything?
Old 02-01-2013, 12:12 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Mista Blazer
So im going to be doing my A4 to M6 swap here in a few months and i plan on getting the parts slowly. I need some checks on my list just to make sure im not forgetting anything.

Master Cylinder
Slave Cylinder
Fly Wheel
Trans support
M6 Trans
Clutch
Touqe Converter
Interior Center Trim

I feel like my list is rather small for this swap. am i forgetting anything?
You don't need a torque converter as that is for an auto tranny. But you'll also need a torque arm bracket for a t56 , complete pedal assembly and mc reservoir
Old 02-01-2013, 12:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by redbird555
You don't need a torque converter as that is for an auto tranny. But you'll also need a torque arm bracket for a t56 , complete pedal assembly and mc reservoir
Ok, i was confused on that wasnt sure if manuals used a TQ.

So i will need an all new Torque arm and bracket. and to make sure im not confusing this with anything else it is the one that bolts from the Tranny to the rear axle?

The T56 is the Manual 6speed? for some reason i thought it was the 5speed x.x
Old 02-01-2013, 12:50 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

No that's the actual torque arm... You need the bracket that bolts it into the tranny. Also don't forget that stupid u-bolt that attaches the mc to the firewall. I'd recommend a tick mc up front though. You'll also need the rubber floor boot and bolts for the clutch and flywheel

And no the t56 is the 6spd t5 is the 5spd. No offense but are you sure you can handle this swap you sound like you maybe inexperienced and its not a hard swap but it is tedious to do right.

Here is my write up I made when I did it
http://www.ls1.com/forums/f65/m6-swap-writeup-167857/
Old 02-01-2013, 01:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by redbird555
No that's the actual torque arm... You need the bracket that bolts it into the tranny. Also don't forget that stupid u-bolt that attaches the mc to the firewall. I'd recommend a tick mc up front though. You'll also need the rubber floor boot and bolts for the clutch and flywheel

And no the t56 is the 6spd t5 is the 5spd. No offense but are you sure you can handle this swap you sound like you maybe inexperienced and its not a hard swap but it is tedious to do right.

Here is my write up I made when I did it
http://www.ls1.com/forums/f65/m6-swap-writeup-167857/
I Have a family friend that is going to helping me with it. this is something im going to take a looong time on haha, nothing i will be rushing. Im very meticulous whenever it comes to installing something. especially with instructions.

Quick Reply: M6 Swap