Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Car looks PLAIN

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2013, 09:37 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Car looks PLAIN

I took this picture when i got my wheels two summers ago but i havn't changed anything else appearance wise since. i took off my side moldings and the trans am's on the doors but with those wheels being so bright the rest of the car just looks plain from the side. Help me out with what i need to spice it up a little. I make my own decals so i can do "ANYTHING" i want.
Old 02-02-2013, 10:00 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Clear side markers, painted calipers, you can do something with the heat extractors (chrome/ stainless, or paint match the calipers). I am not big on racing stripes, BUT when your car is one solid color (all black with tinted windows), they might help break it up. Maybe gun metal? I would Plasti Dip the "spokes" on your wheel, leaving the flat areas polished, kinda like the old '87-'91 GTA wheels (google black GTA wheels... looks hot). You could paint the side skirts a dark red/ maroon color like the old mid 80's Black Montecarlo SS cars.
It dose need another color thrown at it.
Old 02-02-2013, 10:57 AM
TECH Apprentice

I was contemplating on plasti dipping the wheels black and leave the dishes polished. I would love to do the stripes. In the picture you can't see it but there are flat black hood stripes on it but since then I took them back off wanting to do a different color. Also thinking if I did the stripes I could re do to trans am on the side the same color. I don't know about the red or maroon monte Carlo look though. May be way to much. Thanks for the input. Keep them coming. Was possibly thinking maybe a bandit theme.
Old 02-02-2013, 12:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 857 Likes on 610 Posts

The car looks great but I agree it needs something to break up the sides. Have you thought about putting the "Trans Am" back on the door but using polished aluminum or billet? I think something close to the same finish as the wheels would look sick.

I "think" inserts in the heat extractors i the fenders might look good too with the same finish as the wheels.

Just my .02
Old 02-02-2013, 12:15 PM
11 Second Club

The chrome heat extractors look dead sexy when done on the right car. Put them in
Old 02-02-2013, 12:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

It looks plain because you blacked everything out. My favorite accent color for black f bodies is chrome. I'd do the front plate bird, put the side "Trans Am" lettering back on, and do something with those calipers. Blackbird stripes would also look killer.
Old 02-02-2013, 12:51 PM
Launching!

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

jlincks: I have a black RS vert and am coming to the same crossroad. I like the red caliper and chrome exhaust tips as ideas and have thrown the idea of gray Rally Stripes (to match my interior) to break up the monotony. Don't know how that works with birds but I'm very interested in seeing how you handle this dilemma.
Not to fall too far off the thread but are those MRR GT-1 wheels?
Old 02-02-2013, 01:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Some chrome emblems with some chrome heat extractors on the front fenders and in front of the ram air hood and it will stand out great!
Old 02-02-2013, 01:19 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Blackpanther99
Some chrome emblems with some chrome heat extractors on the front fenders and in front of the ram air hood and it will stand out great!
X2!!

I would get the heat extractor inserts to match the wheels and maybe get some trans-am eblems to break it up. Even some gray-ish stripes along the sides of the ram air vents on the hood would look good. Most of the time you can achieve a really good look with s few subtle changes.
Old 02-02-2013, 01:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

lower it a little, 6lE splitters , and paint the calipers ... done!! the wheels speak for themselves lol nice car btw
Old 02-02-2013, 01:35 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the best accent color for black is more black... do satin black sail panel, satin black hood stripes, cut the trans am logos out of flat black vinyl for the doors and then do the wheels flat black... make that thing look MEAN
Old 02-02-2013, 05:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

Wow I've got a lot to think about. I'm thinking of going all black. I know it's been done a million times but It just looks so mean. I'm goin to contemplate my decision and order me some vinyl. I'm thinking of doing the checkered hood stripes as well in flat black.
Old 02-02-2013, 09:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

If I was you I would have put the chrome abs wheels if you have those wheels and paint the calipers red tinted the windows black and put that light up bird on my grill that's it
Old 02-02-2013, 09:42 PM
TECH Resident

adding some chrome heat extractors and ram air inserts would be sweet. I am not a huge fan of the blacked out look. Getting the plasti dip on the wheels would break it up a bit as well. Nice looking car
Old 02-03-2013, 12:41 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

chrome vents & go back to stock tails
Old 02-03-2013, 12:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 62 Likes on 44 Posts

needs more low.
Old 02-03-2013, 01:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

needs chrome and that's it !
Old 02-03-2013, 01:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 62 Likes on 44 Posts

put a silver decal on the side of the hood scoops.
Old 02-03-2013, 01:17 PM
Douchebag On The Tree

Please don't do chrome vents, they make almost every car look like an autozone special...especially on darker colors.

Originally Posted by Cajun ELESS-ONE
put a silver decal on the side of the hood scoops.
If you're wanting things to pop, do a silver blackbird stripe. Other than that the only thing you should do is do matte black accents (blackbird stripes, ceta, etc) maybe even a carbon fiber sail panel and 6LE splitter.

Also sand some of that VHT off of your tails. They look good darker than stock, but completely black just makes the back end plain and boring. That will help break things up.
Old 02-03-2013, 04:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

Planning on going all black guys. Will post up pictures when I'm done. Going to get the taillights tinted more, black wheels polished lip, flat black sail panel, ceta and skirts, flat black checkered hood stripes, flat black trans am door decals and ram air on hood. Just going to murder it. If i get tired of it I'm going to go go with silver for everything.

Quick Reply: Car looks PLAIN