Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Converting to plate kit.. how?

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2013, 06:59 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Converting to plate kit.. how?

What do I need to convert my wet kit to a plate kit?

Would this work?

https://ls1tech.com/forums/parts-cla...tle-mount.html

I currently spray a 175 through mine but I believe a plate kit is slightly safer?

Here's my current setup

Old 02-04-2013, 07:06 PM
Teching In

pretty much bolt it on, check ur jets and read the plugs till ur happy
Old 02-04-2013, 07:17 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by BOOSTEDcatfish
pretty much bolt it on, check ur jets and read the plugs till ur happy
Am I correct in assuming it's safer than the nozzle?
Old 02-04-2013, 07:32 PM
Teching In

yea, Id like to think so. that would be something to talk to neal@nitrousoutlet.
ive always thought that anything over a 125 on a nozzle is pushing it, but its working for you. I think moving to a plate would be a great idea, but that's my opinion
Old 02-05-2013, 11:28 AM
FormerVendor

plates do atomize the nitrous better than a single nozzle will. Generally plates will flow more than nozzles will. Depending on which HSW plate that is, some were only good to spray to around 175.
Old 02-05-2013, 11:38 AM
10 Second Club

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Neal@NitrousOutlet
plates do atomize the nitrous better than a single nozzle will. .
correct for the most part...the determining factor is the location,spacing and number of discharge points.

If a plate is designed with a single fuel/nitrous discharge location spaced 180* apart compared to a nozzle with a single discharge located in a single bathtub...than the nozzle will perform better.

now this is a severe example and hopefully no one would build a plate in this manner. But there are multiple companies that offer plates with a single discharge location, that in my opinion are no better than a single nozzle.

Both the HSW and the Nitrous Outlet plates use multiple discharge locations. This gives you smaller fuel droplets to start with and more surface area exposed to to the nitrous, so will have significant atomization improvements over a single discharge location (plate or nozzle)
Old 02-05-2013, 02:21 PM
9 Second Club/Nitrous Mod

I've sprayed well over 175 on my "150 shot max" HSW sudden impact plate and the mph showed it can take it!

From a VERY reliable source, the plates are the same and it was just a "sales pitch" from HSW to get customers to buy the whole system if they wanted to spray more than 150.

BUT, since they're out of business, the OP shouldn't chance it and go with your Nitrous Outlet plate or NX.
Old 02-06-2013, 02:41 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by shortdog
I've sprayed well over 175 on my "150 shot max" HSW sudden impact plate and the mph showed it can take it!

From a VERY reliable source, the plates are the same and it was just a "sales pitch" from HSW to get customers to buy the whole system if they wanted to spray more than 150.

BUT, since they're out of business, the OP shouldn't chance it and go with your Nitrous Outlet plate or NX.
I had a good conversation with Dave from Nitrous Outlet last week after buying their 102mm plate, and he said that plate will hold a 400 shot. But, he said that spraying that much would take reading the plugs and figuring out how the nitrous was being distributed and adjusting for that. He recommended that you didn't spray over a 200-250 shot unless you knew what you were doing.

Just food for thought...
Old 02-07-2013, 01:31 PM
9 Second Club/Nitrous Mod

^I'm well aware of that, but I had point out that the HSW sudden impact plate maxing out on a 150 shot is BS. Alot of people wasted money switching plates thanks to the "hype".. It really doesn't matter now since they're out of business.

Quick Reply: Converting to plate kit.. how?