Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

HOB F2 Procharged 4L80E C6Z Rebuild

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2013, 08:23 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default HOB F2 Procharged 4L80E C6Z Rebuild

Im sure a lot of you remember this car. Long story short the customer sent us the car to get straightened out. The car was just never right from day one. We are doing a complete rebuild of it and making sure its 110% before shipping it back to Arkansas. The car was a mess when it arrived so we decided to change a lot of things with it to make sure it was right this time around. The car had been to 3-4 shops all over the US before it was finally shipped here. We are headed to a race in Dallas Texas with the car first week of March. If anyone in the area wants me to pick their car up while I am down there let me know.

Old 02-06-2013, 09:48 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Very nice! What is exactly thats gonna get done to it?
Old 02-06-2013, 04:42 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't think "just never right from day one" is a correct statement at all....

I remember personally driving that car (and the owner) with an incorrect converter, and tires (26").... back to back to back to back to back like a bracket car, running bottom 9's in the heat of KS summer. Like it was a stone stock vette. I honestly think she clicked off at least 30+ passes in the 9.03-9.30 range with never even touching a spark plug, tune or anything. Just packed up and went home after racing was over. (Then repeated a few weeks later in Wichita)

Sadly she would never crack off a 8.99 or 160. Since she was limited to around 6,200rpm's due to the pulley being to small on the blower, and House of Boost not wanting to go past 18psi of boost on stock LS7 heads. (Didn't want to push water by lifting the heads) So the only way to limit the boost was to short shift (and then lift at the 1000' mark) You all had the same combo, you know what kinda RPM's it takes to put her through the traps on 26" tires.

I never thought that car ran bad, considering all it really was just a LS7 with rods, pistons, and a cam.... with 18psi and an Auto. (Stock ECU at the time)
So running bracket car times, with A/C was pretty good fun.

However, I did want to say "Thanks" to you Fran, for the one time helping me verify my suspicions that something was in fact up inside the trans, that wasn't allowing it to change into gears at the correct commanded times. Like I said, it turned out that it was in the converter.... But I think it was at that point the car disappeared to TX.

Can't speak for much after that, since after that summer it started jumping from shop to shop to shop, and everyone having there two cents thrown at it. Glad to see she's at a top notch place, and for that cars sake I can't wait to see what you all do to it. Never fun taking on something after others have been into it.

Kick the tires, and Light the fires,
Erik

Quick Reply: HOB F2 Procharged 4L80E C6Z Rebuild