Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

swap project

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2013, 08:41 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default swap project

i just picked up a 2006 dodge charger v6. body is super clean. motor sucks. i was pondering the idea of doing the 5.3 swap with a 4l80e. thought, and input are more than welcome. i already bought the motor. not the trans yet. any help or info will be greatly appreciated. i will continue to do some more reading and research to see what else i will need to get and do. thanks
-Tony
Old 02-05-2013, 12:08 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think physically mounting it up shouldn't be that big of a deal although I haven't heard of anyone doing that swap yet so you will have to figure it all out on your own. The wiring is what will be tricky. Trying to get all the OEM systems in the Charger to work with the GM engine could be a challenge. Probably the easiest and best way to go about that would be to set the LS engine up for stand-alone and then keep the OEM V6 ECU connected and just add all the stock engines sensors to the LS motor so that the OEM ECU thinks the original engine is still there. That way you won't have problems with getting the gauges or ABS working.
Old 02-10-2013, 08:53 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

this is exactly what i was think, thanks for your input. i just picked up a 5.3 today.. about to tear it apart.. the fun begins.

Quick Reply: swap project