Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ls-?

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2013, 02:49 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ls-?

I purchased a 6.0 from a local dealer for the core charge..Ser#10DAL2072760981 All aluminum from an 08 tahoe hybrid...what is it..? LS-?

Bob S
Old 02-05-2013, 03:26 PM
FormerVendor

Well you narrowed it down pretty well by saying it was a 2008 Tahoe Hybrid 6.0L engine.
Your engine is the 19210975 - LFA used only in the hybrid trucks
Old 02-05-2013, 08:31 PM
Teching In

Default Thanks

Thanks Greg, LFA.... Is that the same as another LS-type 6.0..? This is just a lead in to many more questions. i'm hoping to put it into my old boat. i've got questions about keeping the vvt or not, keeping the original cam or not, whether or not to change valve springs, etc..

The engine was supposed to have suffered cam bearing damage. Upon dis-assembly no bearing damage was found. In fact the the internals appeared as new with excellant cross hatching in all cylinders, cam bearings look almost new, no visible cam wear......but, valve seals in the middle two cylinders passenger side had failed...fouling the plugs causing the rough running condition complained about by the owner. It was swapped under warrenty by GM.

I don't need more power than its got stock for this app...so, I'm thinking about putting all back together sans the vvt, with an MSD ingnition, stock coils, dual plane intake and a 750 carb..?

Does this sound reansonable..? The engine has 100K miles on it....maybe new valve springs..?

Will the orig cam shaft with non vvt phaser gear work..? I just don't know enough to answer these questions myself.

Bob S
Old 02-06-2013, 04:03 AM
12 Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

You will need a dod delete kit and a new cam to work without it. If you're going carb, you will want a different cam anyways.
Old 02-06-2013, 10:20 AM
FormerVendor

I would agree with BWW. Do a VVT delete, Cam, and valve springs.
Old 02-06-2013, 05:30 PM
Teching In

Default Thanks

Thanks guys. Lethal is going to do just that for me. New cam and springs, lifters, valve seals, bolts and gaskets. Boat should lose over 200# and gain 150hp. Win...win. Just a few more hurtles/dollars...same thing right..?

Bob S

Quick Reply: Ls-?