Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I bought my Stage 5 4l80e---what else am I missing

Old 02-06-2013, 09:16 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default I bought my Stage 5 4l80e---what else am I missing

I have purchased a Jakes 4l80e. And I am trying to do everything I can to make sure that when I pull it out of the crate, that I am ready to get it into the car. This is a late core, and the cooler fittings on the tail housing or wherever have me somewhat concerned. It is my goal to be able to get rid of the hard lines altogether to make belt swaps on the procharger setup a little more hassle free by using SSB lines ect.

So far I have:

Frost Tune 4l60e <-->4l80e Adapter harness, which requires no segment swap and controls the trans with the 60e tune too a tee with a few code changes. Plug and play.

BMR crossmember that will allow me to use the stock torque arm ect...while I save for a full suspension from MWC.

Circle D 4000-42000 245mm Triple/Billet

Bigass (i dont know the brand name) trans cooler setup.

It is going to come with a Dipstick setup that we will install before its put in the car.

I asked Jake to put some 45* fittings on it, since apparently there is not much room for those who have attempted to run a 90* line/fitting setup.

I have picked a place for the transbrake button.

Jake is also taking the ears off for me just to take one less step out of the whole ordeal which I appreciate.

What else is missing to get this thing in the car and moving my *** down the road other than fluid? what fluid are people using anyway?
Old 02-06-2013, 11:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by I8UR4RD
I have purchased a Jakes 4l80e. And I am trying to do everything I can to make sure that when I pull it out of the crate, that I am ready to get it into the car. This is a late core, and the cooler fittings on the tail housing or wherever have me somewhat concerned. It is my goal to be able to get rid of the hard lines altogether to make belt swaps on the procharger setup a little more hassle free by using SSB lines ect.

So far I have:

Frost Tune 4l60e <-->4l80e Adapter harness, which requires no segment swap and controls the trans with the 60e tune too a tee with a few code changes. Plug and play.

BMR crossmember that will allow me to use the stock torque arm ect...while I save for a full suspension from MWC.

Circle D 4000-42000 245mm Triple/Billet

Bigass (i dont know the brand name) trans cooler setup.

It is going to come with a Dipstick setup that we will install before its put in the car.

I asked Jake to put some 45* fittings on it, since apparently there is not much room for those who have attempted to run a 90* line/fitting setup.

I have picked a place for the transbrake button.

Jake is also taking the ears off for me just to take one less step out of the whole ordeal which I appreciate.

What else is missing to get this thing in the car and moving my *** down the road other than fluid? what fluid are people using anyway?
Sounds like you're ready to go. My 80E swap consisted of an almost exact same list yours does. please update on how well the 60-80 controlling issues goes with the Frost harness and if you can which codes it throws.

Thanks
Old 02-07-2013, 06:15 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Gray Ghost Silverado
Sounds like you're ready to go. My 80E swap consisted of an almost exact same list yours does. please update on how well the 60-80 controlling issues goes with the Frost harness and if you can which codes it throws.

Thanks

I will do that man. There are alot of other sponsors that do 80e swaps that I called to ask about this particular harness and none have used it but are highly interested in finding out if it works as advertised. I mean it IS frost and he does know his ****....so I have no doubts really that it will work. It is basically plug it in and it works which I like because my laziness knows no bounds.

Called Jake today, and he has a list of things he is putting in with the order to make sure that it comes ready to go without me making a bunch of bullshit trips to the store to grab this and that. Hassle free type of stuff. Their customer service is right on par with there transmissions.
Old 02-08-2013, 01:37 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by I8UR4RD
I will do that man. There are alot of other sponsors that do 80e swaps that I called to ask about this particular harness and none have used it but are highly interested in finding out if it works as advertised. I mean it IS frost and he does know his ****....so I have no doubts really that it will work. It is basically plug it in and it works which I like because my laziness knows no bounds.

Called Jake today, and he has a list of things he is putting in with the order to make sure that it comes ready to go without me making a bunch of bullshit trips to the store to grab this and that. Hassle free type of stuff. Their customer service is right on par with there transmissions.
Sweet man, thanks alot. I just finished up transferring a 70E file onto a T42. My cable from Frost should be here tomorrow or Saturday hopefully. All I'll have to do then is configure the transmission connector on my truck back to stock. (Was set up for a 4L80E using the other method.) Really excited

Also I haven't had any business dealings with jake, but he was definitely kind enough to point me in the right direction for my swap over the phone. Not to mention he does have a fantastic reputation.
Old 02-10-2013, 12:03 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Gray Ghost Silverado
Sweet man, thanks alot. I just finished up transferring a 70E file onto a T42. My cable from Frost should be here tomorrow or Saturday hopefully. All I'll have to do then is configure the transmission connector on my truck back to stock. (Was set up for a 4L80E using the other method.) Really excited

Also I haven't had any business dealings with jake, but he was definitely kind enough to point me in the right direction for my swap over the phone. Not to mention he does have a fantastic reputation.
Even among other trans gurus he stands out like a sore thumb.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I bought my Stage 5 4l80e---what else am I missing