General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Cheap Tie Rods on Ebay?

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2013, 07:27 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Cheap Tie Rods on Ebay?

Has anybody ever bought the tie rods off of ebay that have the Moog part number ES3238RL, but don't actually say it's a Moog. They show the same picture as the genuine Moog tie rods, but are almost 1/4 the price. The tie rod literally says "Moog problem solver" on the bottom. Here is a link.....http://www.ebay.com/itm/PARTS-MASTER...sories&vxp=mtr

Just wondering if anybody has ever bought these and actually received a real Moog problem solver? I have never quite understood how the price of tie rods can vary from $4 all the way up to $60. I'm just trying to find a real Moog part for a decent price.

Thanks,
Caleb
Old 02-07-2013, 07:43 PM
On The Tree

ANYBODY OUT THERE!!!!

Haha, just kidding it's only been a few minutes since I put this up. I just got done emailing the sellers on ebay about this also. I'm going to call them tomorrow to try and find out if they are actually selling the item in their picture, or they just stole Moog's picture. By the way, is that even legal because it literally says "MOOG" on the bottom?
Old 02-09-2013, 12:12 AM
On The Tree

Nevermind, the company on ebay emailed me back and said it's not actually Moog brand. So it looks like I'm buying them off rockauto for $30 a pop.

Quick Reply: Cheap Tie Rods on Ebay?