Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

University Nitrous Project - Need Opinions

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2013, 11:18 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default University Nitrous Project - Need Opinions

I have read through this forum, now I would like opinions and the sponosor's opinions of what I should do. I have a mild heads cam Trans Am built that should put down ~430 whp once it's tuned. I built the engine to hold atleast 650. It has a Racetonix 255 Pump. I would like a nitrous kit that will allow me to jet between 100-200 and possible 250 someday. What are your opinions?

I will also want a WOT switch and a Window switch. I'm not sure if those come with any kits. What else might I need?

I have some specific kits and brands I am looking at but in the end it will be who can work with me. This is all being done at my University as a project. If any sponsors are interested from this thread, please shoot me a pm for more information. I will also be contacting every sponsor I can think of through their webpage email. Some information to sponsors is below.

Short background:
I'm a second semester senior in Mechanical Engineering with a concentration in motorsports. I am on the Formula SAE Team and have also taken multiple engines and motorsports design classes. I'm currently in an Advanced Engines class where we are completing programs that will simulate every aspect of an engine with a set of given inputs. As a project for this class, we will be simulating a modified LS1 out of my 2001 Trans Am. The simulation will perform calculations on combustion, pressure, temperature, density, forces on internal components, torque, and power at any instance of a cycle. We will input nitrous into the simulation and analyze the results of the engine with and without nitrous. Next, we will install a nitrous kit on the engine and test on a chassis dynamometer to gather real data. The simulation data will be compared to the real data and a report will be written on the results.

Sponsorship:
The University Motorsports shop that houses all of our race teams experiences a lot of traffic. Advertising such as banners could be hung in the shop. Our Race shops can be seen here: http://motorsports.uncc.edu/motorsports-lab.html.

Thanks
Old 02-14-2013, 03:47 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No Opinions?

As far as sponsors, I will be able to share the resulting data. The program is pretty amazing and can do more than most can imagine.

Quick Reply: University Nitrous Project - Need Opinions