Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

lq4 build questions!

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2013, 12:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lq4 build questions!

Hey guys, got a few questions for my lq4 swapped 240sx I'm about to tear apart next week.

Right now its a stock lq4 with an ls1 IM and I'm ready for more power haha.

From research I could use 799/243 heads or lm7 heads to gain compression, I'm unsure of which heads would be more worth while; also I read you can mill them a bit to gain even more compression.

Along with heads I'd like to throw in a cam, not sure where to look to with that. Lots of people talk about getting a custom ground cam but I feel I'd be fine with getting like a gm hot cam or so. Keep in mind, I don't plan on throwing too much extra money into upgraded valvetrain. I'd like to keep this motor build fairly simple and not break the bank with more than I really need.

I'd also like to replace the pump and timing chain while it's out, I've seen people using ls2 chains and ls6 pumps, what would be the benefit?

My ultimate goal is around 450hp on 93oct. That would be more than enough to keep me content.

Sorry if I've posted misinformation, I've just been reading different threads and wondering the best route to go with.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Old 02-09-2013, 09:50 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

port and polish ls6 heads, decent cam, fast intake
ls6 oil pump, ls2 chain
gl with that 240

Quick Reply: lq4 build questions!