General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

2002 Camaro Heater Core

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2013, 08:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2002 Camaro Heater Core

Been thru dozens of how to's, etc and still can't seem to figure out how to get the heater core out of my 2002 3.8 Camaro. Manual says that you have to remove most of the dash, cluster, etc on the 2002, yet it seems that all the forums say you can change it without doing that. I can get the hoses off but can't get into the firewall side back screws to remove it.

Does anyone have any 2002 specific help here? Any help would be really appreciated.
Old 02-17-2013, 10:32 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I took my dash off to get to it. Takes some time, but its very easy once you get it off. If you have some flexibility you may be able to get under there and reach up, but it'll be a challenge.
Old 02-18-2013, 04:11 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Remove complete dash and steering column and center console. Recover refrigerant from hvac system, disconnect refrig lines and heater hoses under hood remove pcm to access 2 bolts that go through firewall to heater case there are a couple more in the area behind the motor and above the gas pedal area, Remove complete airbox assm replace core and reverse above. For a novice it's a weekends work.
I've done them before and it takes about 6-7 hours start to finish

Quick Reply: 2002 Camaro Heater Core