What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

NBM '99 T/A M6 Less than 75k. WS-6 Hood, C6Z Wheels, tasteful mods.

Old 02-10-2013, 06:42 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NBM '99 T/A M6 Less than 75k. WS-6 Hood, C6Z Wheels, tasteful mods.

Thinking of selling my 1999 Trans Am to upgrade to a C5Z. The car is beautiful and runs great. Here is a list of what has been done to it.

Engine:
LS6 intake manifold
85mm SLP MAF
TSP 1 7/8" LT Headers
MSD Wires
NGK TR-55 Spark Plugs
SLP Lid/K&N Filter
Chrs1313 Ram Air
Oil/Filter Change every 3k miles. Royal Purple 5w-30.

Exhaust:

2.5" dual exhaust w/ X pipe through dual Borla XR-1's. The guy who did the exhaust crushed the pipe more than I wanted, making it pretty restrictive. So I had dual DMH e-cutouts installed. The exhaust still sounds great, and of course, so do the cutouts.

Also had UMI's panhard bar/relocation kit installed, so there is plenty of room over the axles.

Drivetrain:
Monster LVL 3 Clutch installed good to 750 ft/lbs
Monsters 'lightweight' 18lb billet steel flywheel
New slave cylinder
Tick master cylinder
MGW short throw shifter
TWM Stainless Steel shift ****, circular.
Moser forged 28 spline axles.

Suspension:
Lowering springs. Summit. Forgot the part number.
Basically stock.

Interior:
Charcoal Leather. Stock. Except sound system. Kenwood sterero, plus replaced 4 stock speakers with 4 1/2" Polkaudio speakers. Sounds great.

Exterior:
WS-6 hood.
Chrome deep dish C6Z 18/10.5 rear wheels wrapped in brand new (less than 100 miles) 295/35Z/18 Nitto NT-05 tires. Fronts are 17/9.5 wrapped in 275/40/17 Nitto NT-555's.
Slightly tinted tail lights.
20% window tint.

Cons: Cruise control doesn't work, but it's getting resolved at the shop right now, I'm 95% sure it's because I never swapped the ABS rings from the old axles to the new. If that's the case, I'll just have the shop swap them on for me. So as of right now, no ABS. Easy fix.

Carpet is a little rough on the driver side, about a 3" tear wearing my right foot sits, made from me swiveling my foot from the brake to the gas pedal haha.

CAR HAS BEEN IN A MINOR 'ACCIDENT'. Not with another vehicle, I hydroplaned on my old drag radials (NT-555R 305's) coming back from North Carolina visiting my brother. Started down pouring rain randomly, 70mph, by the time I slowed to 50 it was too late, slick roads, hit a small puddle, went into the guard rail at about 10mph. Not head on, glanced off the side. Full coverage insurance took care of it, in fact, got half the car repainted because it went through a bush and had some 'scratches'. Only things replaced were the front bumper cover,front left quarter panel, and left headlight.

Never been dyno'd. Been to the track before the mods and street tires about 5-6 times just for fun. 1/8th mile. 8.8's or so. Once on the radials, ran a 8.6 and the clutch was giving me problems.

Just shy of 75k miles (74xxx). About 300 on the clutch, technically not even broken in yet, hasn't been romped on at all still installation.

Just trying to get an estimate of what the car would run, it's relatively low mileage for a '99 for sure. And in great condition. Mild modification. All top quality parts. Well maintained.

Help?

Old 02-11-2013, 10:24 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 436 Likes on 315 Posts

Looks really nice in the photos!! Good job with the maintenance.
As I'm sure you have read here in this section, mods aren't bringing any extra money. Once in awhile someone will love what has been done to a car and pay a bit extra over price guide values, but don't expect it.
A '99 T/A with those miles should be priced in the $9,000 - $9,500 range for a 'private party' sale. The accident, although repaired well, can be a negative, and a fussy buyer won't like the carpet issues. Basically just negotiating points, plus you have a WS6 hood as a positive in reply. GLWS!!
Old 02-11-2013, 03:03 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NC01TA
Looks really nice in the photos!! Good job with the maintenance.
As I'm sure you have read here in this section, mods aren't bringing any extra money. Once in awhile someone will love what has been done to a car and pay a bit extra over price guide values, but don't expect it.
A '99 T/A with those miles should be priced in the $9,000 - $9,500 range for a 'private party' sale. The accident, although repaired well, can be a negative, and a fussy buyer won't like the carpet issues. Basically just negotiating points, plus you have a WS6 hood as a positive in reply. GLWS!!
Thanks! Quick question, one I've been asking myself. Do you think I should sell the car with the stock wheels/tires on it (I have all 4, with good tires on them), or with the C6Z wheels/Nittos? The rear tires alone are 650$+ off the shelf. I bet I could sell the set for 800-1000 or so alone. Or do you think offering the stock wheels/tires as an add-on bonus would help the sale?

I didn't necessarily list the mods to up the price, as much as assure people it hasn't been heavily modded (something I found most people don't like, myself included, when purchasing a vehicle). Also that I don't half *** anything including but not limited to parts.

Not much to do about the carpet, I can't justify fixing it because it would cost more to do it, than it would help me in selling it.

I have still have the original operators manual, as well as the spare tire, jack, 12 disk CD changer, and original head unit.

Thanks,

C.
Old 02-11-2013, 03:18 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 436 Likes on 315 Posts

I think I would put the original wheels and tires back on the car and then advertise the car for sale. This is provided the tires aren't too old. You don't want the new owner to have problems on the way home.
Selling the wheels/tires you currently have on the car sounds like a great way to realize more money.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: NBM '99 T/A M6 Less than 75k. WS-6 Hood, C6Z Wheels, tasteful mods.