Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car shaking I need help

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2013, 10:32 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Car shaking I need help

I need help figuring out this issue. My 98 TA 4l60e is experiencing very bad vibrations. at idle it shakes the least and shakes in all gears minus Neutral, which shakes slightly but no where near as bad. Launching the car is almot as normal minus it feeling like it's popping and wanting to give out. driving at cruise it's kind of a constant shake no worst at any speed really still shakes bad I feel it most in my pedals as when I throttle the car I immediately feel the popping and vibration. Also tried holding the break and throttled it, it felt really bad and under the where my *** is is sounded like it was almost like clunking maybe. felt bad though. I was already gonna buy a torque converter but I had no plans on a transmission for my build unless someone things the valves or a single spark plug can be causing all that, I have no clue.

I appreciate if you read it all and advice. thanks
Old 02-12-2013, 07:07 AM
11 Second Club

Too many possiblys, fastest/cheepest answer go to dealer/local repair shop with correct equ to check it out (about 75-100 fee for the rite answer) then repair it yourself, good chance this will save you $ in the long run
just my .02s
Johnny
Old 02-15-2013, 04:37 PM
10 Second Club

went to a shop and all they needed to do was ride in the car and told me into was the convert for sure. I got the tranny serviced a few days prior and they found pieces of metal from the convert. I am going to instal a new one myself but now to price out converters
Old 02-15-2013, 05:16 PM

Received 389 Likes on 298 Posts

If there were pieces of the converter inside the trans, that is bad news for the trans. I don't have the experience to say anything for sure, but one little piece of metal circulating in the oil could lodge in the wrong place and cause the trans to fail.
(According to Murphy's law, it will find the worst possible place and lodge there.)
Old 02-15-2013, 10:14 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by mrvedit
If there were pieces of the converter inside the trans, that is bad news for the trans. I don't have the experience to say anything for sure, but one little piece of metal circulating in the oil could lodge in the wrong place and cause the trans to fail.
(According to Murphy's law, it will find the worst possible place and lodge there.)
OP should take this advoce, if there is clutch fiber from the trans it MAY not damange the converter, BUT if metel from the converter is in the trans it is bad news, how ever my son had a converter throw metal ( a lot to very fine metal) we changer filter and fluid and CONVERTER, 7 days/600miles trans stoped pulling, changed filter and fluid again, 30 days/2200 miles trans stoped pulling again changer fluid and filter this time lasted a little over a year changed fluid and filter still going .........
Johnny
Old 02-16-2013, 01:20 PM
10 Second Club

Yea that's what my shop said. install the converter and it'll need fluids and filter again. it was metal flakes and very fin metal. I have already garaged it for disassemble and that was only 40 miles agoafter fluids got swapped. here goes to hoing I can just swap the converter and fluids and be good to go
Old 02-16-2013, 01:41 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

gl dude
Old 02-18-2013, 10:22 PM
Staging Lane

hey go to eBay 130 for a converter and get the vjcx. you can advance search to include description ill try and find the store
Old 02-18-2013, 10:26 PM
Staging Lane

http://www.ebay.com/itm/230906116081...84.m1497.l2649

Quick Reply: Car shaking I need help