Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Can i use a factory keyless entry with my security bypassed ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2013, 01:18 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can i use a factory keyless entry with my security bypassed ?

I had to do the famous vats bypss on my '98 camaro. Now my car came with the keyless entry option (found the window sticker) but didnt come with it, soo i'm going to get one on amazon if it will still work even with the security system bypassed ? before i did the bypass everytime i would lock my car door then unlock it with the keys the alarm would go off, soo i never locked my door, but now that i have a $400 radar detector i would like to lock it.
Old 02-12-2013, 04:21 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 259 Likes on 223 Posts

The VATS and the keyless entry/alarm system are two separate systems that do different things. VATS is a Vehicle Anti Theft System and checks only that the correct key is used when the car is started. The keyless entry and/or alarm systems are considered a Content Theft Prevention System and are unrelated to the ignition.

So yes, you can buy a remote key fob and program it for your keyless entry and alarm even though you have bypassed VATS.

Quick Reply: Can i use a factory keyless entry with my security bypassed ?