Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

Shifting

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2013, 08:39 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shifting

Ok so about a month and a half ago I replaced my slave cylinder, when I barely had any clutch pedal. Found a leak and determined the problem. I also check my master cylinder for leaks, and no issues. I have checked both again lately, but it still seems a little hard to shift fast and smoothly into the gears. I have had no problems on any of my other cars being able to snap it into gear super quick, it just seems like this doesn't want to fly into gear as fast as it should. I have a B&M ripper short throw, and my clutch is in great condition. Do you think the master cylinder should be upgraded, or am I looking at other issues? It is kinda notchy feeling, lot harder than it should be to shift fast into the gear, altho it does go into gear no grinding issues at all. Also I did a trans flush when I put in new slave cylinder with new fluid.
Old 02-13-2013, 12:51 PM
On The Tree

Are you sure you bled every last little air bubble out of the clutch system?
Old 02-13-2013, 06:33 PM
Teching In

+1
I would rebleed to make sure its good.
I could never get into second from heavy accell on stock m/c (2-3 I could power shift without issues). Upgrading to tick fixed it for me. I have the same shifter also
Old 02-17-2013, 10:31 AM
On The Tree

Ya, we bled the system until no airbubbles. My buddy has a machine at his shop that helps with that. I am almost thinking that I should get a tick and see if that helps.

Quick Reply: Shifting