Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Need advice for paint after car was hit!

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2013, 01:40 PM
Teching In

Location: West Chester, Pennsylvania soon to be Williamsport, PA
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need advice for paint after car was hit!

My black 1994 Camaro Z28 was hit two days ago by a fellow employee at my dealership and dented in the driver side quarter panel, he is paying out the pocket to have the quarter panel repaired and the section or quarter panel painted. My car was repainted by the previous owner (looks like a maaco job aka bad clear coat and very faded). Does anybody have advice as far as getting that section/panel painted without the fresh paint standing out from the rest of my faded old paint? I don't know if it can be blended without being noticeable or obvious and it's stressing me out! I doubt I will be able to afford to paint the whole car even with my dealership's discount and didn't want to sink that much into it for a quality paint job as of right now because i am considering selling it soon. Does maaco do a decent enough job of black/clearcoat to make it look nice atleast in the meantime and how much does it cost to do the whole car? The employee who hit my car was on the clock and in a dealership car yet the dealership won't cover it through their insurance but i doubt they would pay to have the whole car repainted either. Any opinion on how to keep this repair from standing out and looking like **** would be much appreciated!
Old 02-14-2013, 05:57 PM
On The Tree

did it scratch the paint bad? if not have a paintless dent repair guy look at it. either that or have them sand and buff the car after they paint the qtr.
Old 02-14-2013, 07:04 PM
Teching In

Location: West Chester, Pennsylvania soon to be Williamsport, PA

paint is cracking off so it will crack and fall off all the way once they fix the dent. you think wet sanding and buffing it would make it pretty even? How much do ya reckon the wet sanding and buffing would cost alone?
Old 02-15-2013, 04:30 PM
On The Tree

well i havent seen the car but most of the time a good buff will bring the shine back. im not sure of the prices up there but i would charge around 250. only because its black lol.
Old 02-15-2013, 04:55 PM

Maaco does awful paint work. A good shop should be able to get the panel similar, or worst case scenario they can do blending where the neighboring panels are just clear coated and/or a small amount of actual color is sprayed up close to the body lines.

Quick Reply: Need advice for paint after car was hit!