Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wireing Harness ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2013, 08:28 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wireing Harness ?

Hey guys doing 69 firebird Ls swap for a Customer would y'all do stock wireing Harness and send it some were I have done that work out good and it come with a fuse box. Are do after market
Old 02-14-2013, 09:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Wildside
some were I have done that work out good and it come with a fuse box. Are do after market
Lost me
Old 02-15-2013, 12:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do some searching on here, as there are a ton of aftermarket or custom built standalone harnesses ready to buy.
Old 02-15-2013, 01:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If you have the skills and can read both pin out and wiring Diagrams.. you can DIY it. many have. But if you have the Cash, no time and don't want to take it on, Then yes.. send it out. .mamy company on that will do it.

I am sure the usual Sponsor will ping in soon..

A new Custom Harness wlll usually look better as it lays out. You can get a Stock OEM one to look good, but it take some time to take it apart and put it back together to layout looking good.

if you are going to take it on yourself.. many on ths forum will be able to answer you quetions.

either way.. good luck

BC
Old 02-15-2013, 01:12 PM
TECH Addict

Received 112 Likes on 89 Posts

I would go with PSI conversion.It will be worth the cost and it will be all new wiring.You could probably sell your harness to get some money back.It will save you alot of time and aggravation.
Old 02-15-2013, 01:24 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can make you exactly what you need or rewire your harness no problem.

On thing to remember is if you use a factory harness you are stuck to the factory length. Plus its hard to make a factory harness look as good as a new one.

One thing to look for and to think about when you are looking for a harness is what is included if needed

Fan Relays and wiring?
A/C relays and wiring?
Starter Relay and wiring? (Very good to have for clutch or neutral safety switch.)
Fuel Pump relay WITH WIRING.

In the end you should look around and see what is with the harness when you purchase it. There are companys out there who will sell a new harness for $350, but they use repair tooling to manufacture a harness ( big NO NO) or they are bare bones with no relays or sometimes no O2 wiring. Some use their own color codes and not GM color codes.

You get what you pay for. Pay now or pay later. There is no way around it.

Standalone LS Swap Harnesses IN STOCK!
LSX, LTX Stand alone swap harnesses. S10 LSX conversion PLUG AND PLAY harnesses, 24x conversion PLUG AND PLAY harnesses. LT1 to LSX PLUG AND PLAY Harnesses.
sales@bp-automotive.com
www.bp-automotive.com
1-888-467-4491

Last edited by BP Automotive; 02-15-2013 at 01:30 PM.
Old 02-15-2013, 09:46 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Wildside
Hey guys doing 69 firebird Ls swap for a Customer would y'all do stock wireing Harness and send it some were I have done that work out good and it come with a fuse box. Are do after market
What are the engine and transmission from? Are you putting AC in the car, if so what kind (eg vintage air)?

Jon
PSI

Your Source for LSX Conversion Parts!
www.psiconversion.com

Ebay Store
Facebook/psiconversion
Instagram/psiconversion

'Dont Let EFI Pass You By!'

Quick Reply: Wireing Harness ?