Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

FI CAM ON N/A or N/A CAM ON FI???, and LS3 & Paxton Novi 2200Sl general.

Old 02-15-2013, 11:18 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default FI CAM ON N/A or N/A CAM ON FI???, and LS3 & Paxton Novi 2200Sl general.

I´m getting started in my FI build, i have stock LS3 in my 2gen Camaro Drift Car, but i also drive circuit races with it.

Here comes kind of problem, in circuit races car must be NA, no biggie to take SC belt of and some cooler pipes + change ecu map. And swap E85 to fuel, but cam issue..

So it´s FI cam in NA, or NA cam in FI, sometimes

I currently have Lunati voodoo cam in it.
227 / 238 and 0.50" 0.583 / 0.600" 112 / 108

Any ideas how would this work with centrifugal charger? going to stick with pretty mild (7-8psi) boost and like mentioned earlier, use E85.

How much giving up for let´s say compared to LS9 cam. Or any ideas how would that LS9 cam or other SC cam works in NA engine.

This did push about 470whp and 505fwhp in NA mode.

What about that Novi2200 charger in general, what´s it like if comparing for examle P1-SC or D1-SC Prochager, those were other option. This is pretty much same that Vortec v-7 JT if i´ve understood right?

Reckon i did get decent second hand deal from Paxton, price was main criteria of buying t, came with C6 ECS brackets so it´s direct fit to my car.

Any other suggestion relating to build, dunno that do i touch engine internals? Or is it more harmfull than usefull.

I have bought ARP conrod bolts and maind studs + acl bearings, but thinking that do i save those for serious engine rebuild later or just throw those in without proper engine rebuild now, no money for rebuild with rods and pistons etc right now.

LS3 should have 12.9 conrod bolts allready from factory what i´ve understood? Or does all? i´ve bought my engine 9/09.

I´m not personally worrying about pistons, let´s run it rich and safe advance. But bottom end is causing me sleeples night, you guys don´t want to know how much these things costs here in Finland after all tolls and else

Last edited by Mikko; 02-15-2013 at 11:39 PM.
Old 02-15-2013, 11:40 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Opinions, thoughts?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: FI CAM ON N/A or N/A CAM ON FI???, and LS3 & Paxton Novi 2200Sl general.