Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

C5Z/F1R goes 9.96@148.99 with a M6

Old 02-16-2013, 10:38 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default C5Z/F1R goes 9.96@148.99 with a M6

New PB, more carnage...

Skip to 22:38 in the vid for my 9.96 pass.

Here it is IN CAR., Watch in 1080p/full screen

AND...the KILL SHOT..(death by wheel hop)

Here is my carnage..

This was on the mild street tune, through the air filter, just how I drive it. I had about another 50-60rwhp(velocity stack/more aggressive tune) I could have put in it IF I could get it down the track easier...I was having hell shifting it and keeping it from wheel hopping....(obviously).. The car was probably around 830-840 rwhp today in street trim.

So she is in retirement for a while until I can get enough loot together to do an auto swap and build another rear end.... Probably late winter...
Old 02-16-2013, 11:54 AM
TECH Resident

Car runs and sounds pretty awesome! Too bad the fun had to end that way. What's the full weight?
Old 02-16-2013, 12:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Weight was 3525lbs with me in it. Yeah, sux it broke. I knew I was pushing my luck, I even said that before my last pass..

I was launching super soft to keep it from spinning because every time it would spin, it would wheel hop...this was the 4th pass it spun/hopped on...I couldn't get out of it fast enough this time because it hopped after the 1-2 shift...

I was also having a hard time shifting it so I was shifting really slow...
Old 02-16-2013, 12:56 PM
11 Second Club

Atleast you ran 9s before it broke Congrats and best of luck with repair man
The car sounds nasty

I thought the DTE Can handle this power since you didnt launch it that aggressive?
Stage 4 RPM transmission?
Old 02-16-2013, 02:24 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yeah i saw it hit 2nd and looked like the ring gears got sheared. it was looking nasty for sure. an auto will be a nice addition to the setup. probably my fav car in the video despite the LMR vette.
Old 02-16-2013, 02:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by venom ws7
Atleast you ran 9s before it broke Congrats and best of luck with repair man
The car sounds nasty

I thought the DTE Can handle this power since you didnt launch it that aggressive?
Stage 4 RPM transmission?
Well, it was the best stuff DTE had... They had built the rear end twice... but it was the wheel hop that got it...I think ANYTHING is gonna break if its wheel hopping... The rear end had all good stuff in it...(except for the C6 pinion support, I dont recall if it had that for sure)... The tranny was built locally by LMR's old builder... It had all the good stuff as well, including a 9310 G Force main shaft...

I HOPE the tranny is ok... but judging by the rear end being split in half, my guess is the mainshaft is broke too...

Thanks man...It will be down for quite a while..
Old 02-16-2013, 03:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by I8UR4RD
yeah i saw it hit 2nd and looked like the ring gears got sheared. it was looking nasty for sure. an auto will be a nice addition to the setup. probably my fav car in the video despite the LMR vette.
Thanks man!

It was running great and still had more in it... I KNOW it would have hit 150 mph with some more passes/practice shifting..... Then I could have pulled the inlet/filter and put the velocity stack on it and my "race tune"...I am confident it would have gone 151-152 with everything on kill IF I could have gotten a clean, hard pass...

It will be much easier with the automatic... It will lose a good bit of power going through the auto/converter but, it will be so much more efficient going down the track and on the street, the car will be faster...plus the gains you get from the stall converter and shift recovery... Keeping the rpms above 5000 the entire time will be awesome for this F1r.
Old 02-18-2013, 10:50 AM
TECH Enthusiast

No love for blower cars around here anymore....

Old 02-18-2013, 10:55 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awesome time. sorry bout the breakage! I understand I 'm always thinking bout that rearend when i'm running my c5 . That's probably why I don't run it much.haha
Old 02-18-2013, 11:41 AM
TECH Resident

Dude, congrats on the 9sec run. Solid mph for a soft tune up.

Sucks about the diff though. What auto are going to put in it?
Old 02-18-2013, 11:58 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I have a c5 auto rear.

It's all stock but if you are looking for something to build
Old 02-18-2013, 12:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

Nice MPH Alan!!!

Bummer about the rear. I thought long and hard about FI'ing my c6 but after seeing the trouble you've gone through I decided to build a Stang. Good news is your really going to run fast with the auto.

PS - I noticed that you seem to have alot of time in between shifts. I noticed that the t56 in my C6 just doesnt shift quick and clean either. The TKO and the T56 Magnum in the Chevelle shifts MUCH better than the Vette - what a bummer huh?
Old 02-18-2013, 01:02 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hell yea there is love for blower cars man. in a world of turbo there are still a few of us. not that theres any wrong with those, its just a different way of doing things really.

Hey man, what fuel were you running? 93*?
Old 02-18-2013, 01:17 PM
TECH Resident

i was watching that video live the other day, no offense to anyone in the video but jeez there were a lot of aborted runs/bad driving.
Old 02-18-2013, 03:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dville_gt
i was watching that video live the other day, no offense to anyone in the video but jeez there were a lot of aborted runs/bad driving.
Yes I was aborting runs because every time it would start to spin the tires, it would start wheel hopping violently, so I would get out of it and abort the run to save the drivetrain.. Unfortunately, the last pass broke it anyway...

Also this was a brand new set up, first time out on real tires and the clutch is hair trigger and would not slip for me so the launches were not smooth, were low rpm and just trying to keep it from spinning. I did miss a shift on two passes also..

Not as easy as it looks...
Old 02-18-2013, 03:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by I8UR4RD
hell yea there is love for blower cars man. in a world of turbo there are still a few of us. not that theres any wrong with those, its just a different way of doing things really.

Hey man, what fuel were you running? 93*?
Yes I run it on 93/meth... But on this track rental, I did throw 3 gals of unleaded 103 oct in just for some piece of mind and additional safety...plus I had planned on turning the timing up and putting the velocity stack on the blower so I wanted some extra octane...

But my 10.06 and 9.96 passes were thru the air filter and with my street tune (15*) so I could have easily just ran it on 93 oct.

My plan was to make a couple more passes to get cleaner launches and get the horrible shifts better, I wanted it to run 150mph in street trim, then I was gonna turn it up...unfortunately it broke before I got that far..
Old 02-18-2013, 06:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ajrothm
Weight was 3525lbs with me in it.

HOLY ****

i was full weight and bolt ons with bogarts and weigh 3150 in the car. granted i dont have a blower setup and im assuming you have an iron block BUT GOD ******* DAMN your in fbody weight
Old 02-18-2013, 06:46 PM
12 Second Club

I love blower cars!! Even cooler running 9's with a stick. I love your car!!
Old 02-18-2013, 07:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SKULL
HOLY ****

i was full weight and bolt ons with bogarts and weigh 3150 in the car. granted i dont have a blower setup and im assuming you have an iron block BUT GOD ******* DAMN your in fbody weight
Yeah its heavy....

I never weighed it stock because it had a blower on it when I got it....

But yes all of the blower stuff, iron block & 4" 4340 crank, all of the supporting stuff weighed it way down...

It was 3610lbs with stock 17" Z06 wheels (oem speedlines) all the way around and 275/40s up front and 325/45/17 M&Hs in the rear, that was me in it (190lbs) and 1/2 tank.

With the CCWs and bias plies, me at 190lbs and less then 1/2 tank, it was 3525lbs on the same scale.

Sux but it is what it is... I still have to put another 60lbs worth of roll bar in it and how ever much weight a 4l60 is gonna add... I'm sure I'll be at 3700lbs raceweight when its all said and done..
Old 02-18-2013, 07:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 69-chvl
Nice MPH Alan!!!

Bummer about the rear. I thought long and hard about FI'ing my c6 but after seeing the trouble you've gone through I decided to build a Stang. Good news is your really going to run fast with the auto.

PS - I noticed that you seem to have alot of time in between shifts. I noticed that the t56 in my C6 just doesnt shift quick and clean either. The TKO and the T56 Magnum in the Chevelle shifts MUCH better than the Vette - what a bummer huh?
Hey Vince,

Yeah this tranny is VERY notchy and doesnt shift well... its all new with all the best stuff in it but...its just very notchy and I have to let all the way off the gas to get it to go into gear... Its very obvious when listening to the outside video... Whats weird is I had a stock T56 in a Trans Am making 550rwhp and I could power shift that car mercilessly and never miss a gear.... This car has better EVERYTHING and it doesnt shift half as good...

But it will shift real nice with the 4l60 in it...

On another note, none of these T56s or MN12s I have owned can hold a candle to pulling gears in a M20 Muncie 4 spd...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: C5Z/F1R goes 9.96@148.99 with a M6