Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Which Bilsteins?

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2013, 07:41 PM
Launching!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Which Bilsteins?

Checking WS6 Stores site for shocks, and they have SLP Bilsteins, and Bilstein HD's. Is one set better than another? I'm going to be pairing these with 2nd gen BMR's (1.25" drop) I just bought from a member on here last month. Car is a DD during the summer, looking for a good compromise of comfort and performance. Right now I have Craplines coupled with stock shocks and it's terrible. I searched but couldn't find anything specific to the "HD" Bilsteins. Thanks in advance!
Old 02-17-2013, 08:03 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

SLP Bilsteins are just Bilstein HD shocks adjusted specifically for the F-Body by SLP. This is the suspension that SLP Placed on their SS's and Firehawks after they received them from the factory. Bilstein Ultra Performance Suspension System is what the package was called. Your regular Bilstein HD Shocks can be used for various cars where as the SLP Bilstein HD's have been tuned for the F-body. I am running the Bilstein Ultra Performance Suspension System on my 02 Ws6, pulled the springs from an 02 SS and then bought the shocks from WS6store. Great suspension and worth every penny.
Old 02-17-2013, 08:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

From what I was reading, they're now pretty much the same. Buy the cheaper ones. I have the HD's and BMR springs on mine, very nice setup for the price.
Old 02-18-2013, 06:47 AM
Launching!

Thanks for the responses guys, knowing that you're using the BMR's with the HD's really helps, I just wanted to make sure they were good shocks to use with the BMR's. I won't be autoX'ing the car at all or anything like that, just the occasional drag strip visit once or twice a month, so I guess I'll just go with the HD's for a few bucks cheaper.
Old 02-18-2013, 02:27 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

There was a time when SLP had specifically designed Bilstein shocks that were slightly softer and were made available as an SLP option for the cars. This is no longer the case. When you order an SLP Bilstein, you're getting a Bilstein HD. This is direct from Bilstein because we are direct with them. They're a terrific budget option with our springs.

- Kevin
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 02-18-2013, 02:43 PM
Launching!

Awesome, I was hoping you'd respond at some point, if you say it's a good option then I know I made the right choice in ordering them earlier today. Now I just need this bullshit winter to go away so I can get my car home!! I'm damn near twitching worse with every day now as I got springs, LTs, ORY, and now shocks waiting to go in lol.
Old 02-18-2013, 04:15 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by LS1again
Awesome, I was hoping you'd respond at some point, if you say it's a good option then I know I made the right choice in ordering them earlier today. Now I just need this bullshit winter to go away so I can get my car home!! I'm damn near twitching worse with every day now as I got springs, LTs, ORY, and now shocks waiting to go in lol.
Hahaha, winters can be a bitch when you buy new parts and can't enjoy them.
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!

Quick Reply: Which Bilsteins?