Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2013, 01:50 PM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Talking New Product from UMI- Moser 12-Bolt Torque Arm Hardware Kit

Moser 12-Bolt Torque Arm Hardware Kit for the 1982-2002 GM F-Body

Part # 2998
Price- $21.99 per kit

UMI Performance, Inc. is pleased to announce the availability of our new Moser 12-bolt install kit. This kit adapts UMI’s torque arm bracket to the Moser 12-bolt differential housing. By using carefully selected bolt lengths and specially designed spacers, excess play is minimized and strength and reliability are maximized. This kit will also fit other aftermarket brackets which use 5/8” diameter mounting holes and 3/8” bracket thickness. The P/N 2998 kit is the finishing touch to ensure a bulletproof system. It is available separately or as an add-on to your new torque arm. UMI recommends Moser for all your rear axle needs. This product is designed and manufactured with pride in Philipsburg, PA-USA.
Old 02-18-2013, 04:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Way to step up your game guys! Is this direct fit?
Old 02-18-2013, 08:59 PM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The spacers press into the 4 torque arm holes and take up the space normally left open. We've done this unofficially with a few customers and it makes the Moser-12 bulletproof. No more loose bolts.

-- Ramey
Old 02-19-2013, 06:46 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awesome. I did this exact thing back in 2005 and been never had a problem. Nothing special really. I had access to parts not available to public and came up with this idea a while back. But cant mass producr like y'all. My bushings are made of 6061 aluminum. And I used grade 8 bolts and some receded washers. Again nice kit.
Old 02-19-2013, 09:03 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by tillery
Awesome. I did this exact thing back in 2005 and been never had a problem. Nothing special really. I had access to parts not available to public and came up with this idea a while back. But cant mass producr like y'all. My bushings are made of 6061 aluminum. And I used grade 8 bolts and some receded washers. Again nice kit.
Exactly what we did and I agree nothing special at all. It has been on our task list for years... finally took someone to make a few sets

Glad to hear the similar kit is work for you.
Old 03-01-2015, 12:04 AM
Super Hulk Smash

Received 137 Likes on 114 Posts

So to bring this up, you loctite the bolts and install this kit and no more broken torque arms or bolts backing out?
Old 03-01-2015, 01:45 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No more broken TQ arms or bolts backing out. And yes I also used some locktite. This kit does not allow the mount to "walk" around on the rear causing the issues. UMI did a great job on this and for the price it's a great deal.
Old 03-01-2015, 03:47 PM
Super Hulk Smash

Received 137 Likes on 114 Posts

Okay, cool. I was about convinced on the Strange 12-bolt, which I can get slightly cheaper, but the Moser seems to have some advantages as well with their larger housing, but the one major drawback was the torque arm mount. If this clears it up then I am stuck between the two.

Either way, I'd be using the Eaton modified 33-spline HD POSI... I know Strange has better axles and typically builds them better, but eh. I'll double check the gear setup when I get the rearend in.
Old 03-01-2015, 05:53 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by tillery
No more broken TQ arms or bolts backing out. And yes I also used some locktite. This kit does not allow the mount to "walk" around on the rear causing the issues. UMI did a great job on this and for the price it's a great deal.
Great to hear, we appreciate the feedback.

Yes no more walking issues and the longer bolts make up for the thicker torque arm mounts.

Quick Reply: New Product from UMI- Moser 12-Bolt Torque Arm Hardware Kit