Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DBW WOT problem

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2013, 05:58 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DBW WOT problem

the engine is a 5.3 out of and 2004 avalanche. I have the computer, TAC, and pedal from it. Only mods to the motor are cam and springs, and a ls1 intake instead of the truck intake. I have it tuned in very good for normal street driving. Tuned with hp tuners and a wideband all the afr error percents are 1 or 2. The problem is when i hit the throttle really quick it just falls on its face, and even though the pedal is on the floor the tps says 15 percent or so. If i press the pedal to the floor at a slower but steady rate it will get to the upper rpms and all the afr's look good and the tps looks as though it is working correctly will read 70 and 80 percent fine. Has anyone ever seen this?
Old 02-19-2013, 12:04 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think i may have figured this out. So i scanned it with the key on and engine off and it seems like maybe it was overtraveling. I'm using this in a 68 chevy truck and i had to cut some off the original pedal arm as it was too long. The pedal stopped when the arm hit the pedal mount frame. I found there was a point that as long as it didn't go any farther it was fine and by looking at the throttle blade it looks close to wide open. I made a stop on the pedal at the farthest point it would go without messing up. I will try and drive it tomorrow and see if this fixes it and how close it is to 100% TPS.

Quick Reply: DBW WOT problem