General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

O: Curiosity on LS7

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2013, 08:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default O: Curiosity on LS7

So I got this big dream of heaving an ls7 after my ls1 dies.

Do you use the same computer? I know the harness for the engines is the same. But would I still be able to use the ls1 computer?
Old 02-19-2013, 07:52 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Mista Blazer
So I got this big dream of heaving an ls7 after my ls1 dies.

Do you use the same computer? I know the harness for the engines is the same. But would I still be able to use the ls1 computer?
There are allot of minor differences between the LS7 sensors and an LS1. Off the top of my head, I believe Lingenfelter makes the 24 tooth to 58 tooth conversion sensor.

I believe your cam sensor would also need to be converted, unless you decide to run a standard LS1 3 bolt cam.

To be honest, its been a while since I've looked into it personally. I do remember it not being a simple swap unless you go with a built LS7 specifically for an f-body application.

Thanks,
Kyle
Old 02-19-2013, 08:15 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have an LS7 already setup for a 24x LS1 ecm and it is wet sump oiling so you don't have to deal with all the oil lines and mounting the oil tank. I am negotiable on the price. If you are interested let me know.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/parts-cla...-anything.html
Old 02-19-2013, 02:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The easiest is to have a shop build you LS7 for the car. As Jeremy pointed out there are differences that can be altered at the shop doing the build. You will have to decide which style of heads you are going to use and then match the intake. Only one of the covers works from your ls1 can't remember if it is front or back. But you had better build the rest of the car to handle the power because this is no H/C upgrade.
Old 02-19-2013, 06:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Well I had planned building the block from the pan to the intake. Then throw it on a k-member get a rolling cratle then to have a t-56 built for it and haven't decided.on a.10 or 12 bolt rear.

But if I can't just simply build the block and throw it in with the LS1 pcm and have it tuned and tables set for the LS7. I might just wait a while and think it over
Old 02-20-2013, 12:07 AM
12 Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Mista Blazer
Well I had planned building the block from the pan to the intake. Then throw it on a k-member get a rolling cratle then to have a t-56 built for it and haven't decided.on a.10 or 12 bolt rear.

But if I can't just simply build the block and throw it in with the LS1 pcm and have it tuned and tables set for the LS7. I might just wait a while and think it over
NEither the 10 or 12 bolt will last behind the ls7 for long. Go 9 inch and never look back

Quick Reply: O: Curiosity on LS7