What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

1999 Camaro SS

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2013, 06:14 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 1999 Camaro SS

Been think of moving on from the Camaro and had a family member express interest in my car. Not sure how serious he is but he's asking for a price.
Here's the details:
1999 Camaro SS, NBM, leather int, t-tops, all power accessories, Monsoon with 12 disc changer, Hurst Shifter
Car has the following SLP options: Chrome rims, floor mats, dual dual exhaust.
I added a lid, SLP SS grill, rear diff cover and American Racing 1 7/8 headers with the catted y-pipe. I replaced the Goodyears with Nitto NT05's in the stock sizes.
Car is in very good condition with just over 20,000 miles. History is clean and I am the 2nd owner. Car has never been driven in bad weather or on salt covered road (pretty much summer toy) It's always kept garaged under a car cover. Paint is very glossy with a few small imperfections from just driving around. I have always used synthetic oil and have done most of the maintence myself.
If I was to keep it the only thing that it needs is the drivers side window motor.
Car is located in Northern NJ if that matters.
Thanks in advance for your recommendations.
Old 02-19-2013, 07:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 62 Likes on 44 Posts

20,000 miles!!!! its almost a new car lol. id put it at 17,000. if you want a straight trade for my trans am im down lol.
Old 02-20-2013, 09:56 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 439 Likes on 317 Posts

Your very low mileage '99 SS will still have a slight price premium attached to it despite the modest mods. In a regular 'private party' ad I would ask $12,000 - $13,000. However, since it is a family member you might want to be in the $11,000 - $12,000 price range, especially with the window motor being inoperative. That would be very fair, and in line with the price guides, with no hard feelings in case an unexpected repair came along. A good argument on your behalf would be that a retail dealership might ask right up to $15,000. They probably wouldn't get it but they would ask that much, some even more.
Old 02-20-2013, 03:44 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks guys appreciate your thoughts.

NC01TA - Just a couple of followup questions if you don't mind.

Do you think pricing will stabilize for these lower milage/mostly stock cars or continue with a steady decline.

Do you have thoughts on the newer top of the line cars such as the Zl1 and the 5.8l GT500 and what their values will be in the near future.
Thanks
Old 02-22-2013, 09:35 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 439 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally Posted by BOOMER
Thanks guys appreciate your thoughts.

NC01TA - Just a couple of followup questions if you don't mind.

Do you think pricing will stabilize for these lower milage/mostly stock cars or continue with a steady decline.

Do you have thoughts on the newer top of the line cars such as the Zl1 and the 5.8l GT500 and what their values will be in the near future.
Thanks
The key for increased value will certainly be the low miles but also the demand. With your car I believe you have hit the 'bottom' as far as pricing. Your SS, if kept the same, will always be worth at least what it is now and will increase in price over the years. Not huge upwards pricing, but slight. The more years go by , the more demand for your car.
With so many new 'rockets' being made today it is hard to know what the future will bring, but the one certainty will again be the ultra low mileage, one or two owner cars that are kept mostly 'stock'. That criteria never seems to change, whether it be a car from the 60's or from now. The true market values become apparent once you hit that 25 year mark. Cars newer than that, unless rare, don't indicate anything different that what the past has shown.
On a personal note, I saw my low mileage Aerocoupe jump a nice amount at that 25 year juncture last year. You could find similar cars for prices in the low teens before that. Last year and now I haven't seen one sell for less than $15,000 that had under 20,000 miles on it. One even sold for over $19,000. Despite the ultra slow engines of the 80's the market always recognizes the sweet examples. Why 25 years? Who knows, but the situation truly exists. Yours will be the same way.

Quick Reply: 1999 Camaro SS