Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4.8l Dyno mule

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2013, 06:38 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4.8l Dyno mule

What computer sholud i run on a 4.8l Turbo dyno mule. Already Have a 99 f-body computer and harness w/ hp tuners and wide band, but the 4.8 is a 58x4. Going to take motor apart to clean-up, its just a short block.
Just wondering if their is a better computer, did the 58tooth wheel ever come with drive by cable?
Right now i just plan on changing the wheel and timing chain.
The one reason i asks, i have a bunch of 4.8&5.3 but they are all 58.
I would buy a computer and harness, just to make running it on the dyno easier...ie brake ONE, grab another bolt it on. Want to test of couple turbos and see what happens
Old 02-20-2013, 06:40 PM
Launching!

Dont really want to run the LPE box, But....
Old 02-27-2013, 08:58 PM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 99tramsamc/fia
What computer sholud i run on a 4.8l Turbo dyno mule. Already Have a 99 f-body computer and harness w/ hp tuners and wide band, but the 4.8 is a 58x4. Going to take motor apart to clean-up, its just a short block.
Just wondering if their is a better computer, did the 58tooth wheel ever come with drive by cable?
Right now i just plan on changing the wheel and timing chain.
The one reason i asks, i have a bunch of 4.8&5.3 but they are all 58.
I would buy a computer and harness, just to make running it on the dyno easier...ie brake ONE, grab another bolt it on. Want to test of couple turbos and see what happens
Cheapest route is probably to get the newer style computer and harness from a slavage yard. Strip what you dont need out and you will have you a decent harness for dynoing.
Old 02-28-2013, 07:25 AM
FormerVendor

If you are planning on tuning it yourself and aren't very familiar with the GM programming I suggest you replace the reluctor with a 24x wheel and a LS2 1x cam gear and use a Gen3 99-03 0411 style PCM. They are much easier to learn than the newer E38/67 and will also provide you with plenty of options for fuel and timing control.
Old 03-04-2013, 07:33 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by James@ShorTuning
If you are planning on tuning it yourself and aren't very familiar with the GM programming I suggest you replace the reluctor with a 24x wheel and a LS2 1x cam gear and use a Gen3 99-03 0411 style PCM. They are much easier to learn than the newer E38/67 and will also provide you with plenty of options for fuel and timing control.
Thanks. This is what ill do.
Ill send you a pm bout tuning it.
Dave

Quick Reply: 4.8l Dyno mule