Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Additional FPSS after fuel solenoid?

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2013, 06:40 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Additional FPSS after fuel solenoid?

I am planning to put a N2O Outlet wet plate kit on my 98 TA and I've been thinking about the wiring. I've read that one concern with wet kits is the fuel solenoid failing. So my brilliant idea is to put a second FPSS after the fuel solenoid, and use it to ground the N2O solenoid. The only disadvantage I can think of is this might delay the N2O solenoid's activation by a few milliseconds. Anyone try this before and have results good or bad? I'm sure I'm not the first one to think of it.
Old 02-21-2013, 06:47 AM
TECH Resident

i actually thought about doing this too and initially decided against it, but the way you just phrased that has me re-thinking it.

so the 2nd FPSS would ONLY enable/disable the nitrous solenoid. hmm... well, why the hell not? just gotta start small and check for rich spikes on the dyno. i might have to go buy another FPSS now.

if the delay is negligible one might even get away with just one FPSS
Old 02-21-2013, 07:10 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

I think thats a cool idea. The rich spike wouldn't last but a split second...you'd probably be fine.
Old 02-21-2013, 10:32 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I think it will give you more of a problem than its worth. The issue with some other companies solenoids is the materiel they use on the solenoid piston. The materiel they are using does not stand up to the methanol in the pump gas and it swells.

You will not have that issue with our fuel solenoid. I honestly can not even remember the last time we had a fuel solenoid sent in for warranty. Our solenoids are awesome! You get what you pay for!
Dave
Old 02-21-2013, 12:12 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet
I think it will give you more of a problem than its worth. The issue with some other companies solenoids is the materiel they use on the solenoid piston. The materiel they are using does not stand up to the methanol in the pump gas and it swells.

You will not have that issue with our fuel solenoid. I honestly can not even remember the last time we had a fuel solenoid sent in for warranty. Our solenoids are awesome! You get what you pay for!
Dave
I will be using N2O outlet solenoids, so that is good to hear. I might try this just for grins and if it turns out problematic it is easy to undo. Worst case it won't fire the N2O noid so I'll get a rich bog, not like it is risking the engine to try it. I'll try to update this thread when I make some progress.

Quick Reply: Additional FPSS after fuel solenoid?