General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Wipers adjustment

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2013, 04:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wipers adjustment

Hi everyone. I have been having some issues with my wipers for a while now on my 99 Camaro. It has been going on ever since I replaced the linkage for the wipers. Under normal conditions, I know that the wipers are supposed to rest on the plastic when off, and raise up a little when turned on (mainly in delay) but lately they just start and stop from the same position. Also, when set to delay mode, the wipers stop somewhere between the half-way mark and the top of the sweep. They are not even making a full sweep either. I have no idea what went wrong but I definitely messed something up. One thing that is rather strange that I noticed is when I had the wiper motor out one time to try to find the problem. I plugged it in outside of the socket so I could see if it was working correctly. I noticed that the pin at the top of the wheel piece (don't know the actual name) just stays in the slot. It never releases. I am not sure if that is supposed to happen or not. ANY help on this is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Old 02-22-2013, 12:01 AM
Staging Lane

you either need to adjust them because you got them out of line when you changed the linkage, or the regulator/motor is going out. I would be inclined to go with first option since it started after you messed with them. However, mine started acting up and it was the electronics under the cowl but the drivers side fender.
Old 02-22-2013, 08:39 AM

I have replaced the motor before because the old one quit working. Also, how do you adjust the linkage?
Old 02-23-2013, 09:48 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by pepsison
I have replaced the motor before because the old one quit working. Also, how do you adjust the linkage?
The only way I can think to do it is have them at the resting position, pop off rubber thingy, adjust setting.
Old 02-26-2013, 11:08 AM

I know that there is a way to adjust the wiper arms by removing the nut at the base of the arms. Is there a way to adjust the actual linkage or sweep length?

Quick Reply: Wipers adjustment