General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Squeak from Passengers side front wheel hub

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2013, 12:28 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Squeak from Passengers side front wheel hub

So i have a 1999 SS with 112xxx miles that i DD, but everytime i drive I hear a squeak/grinding noise coming out of the passengers side front wheel. I removed the pads and that seems to be fine although I didnt check for crystalizing (idk if even cause a squeak) The squeak is there whether I am going on the freeway or braking. So im not so sure as to what exactly it is, also it is a consistent squeak to were every rotation approximately itll come out.

Any ideas on what this could be?
Thanks
Old 02-23-2013, 08:48 AM
11 Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

if you pull your caliper and rotor off and turn the hub and it feels smooth and does not squeak then your hub is fine right now. more then likely its your pads and rotors rubbing all the time. either you got some dirt between the pad and rotor or the pads are glazed. might just be time for some new pads and rotors though. check for grooves in both sides of the rotor and little cracks in the surface of the metal. the cracks are caused by excessive heat and that is what glazes the pads. the excessive heat will also cause the rotor to warp which will make the rotor rub on the pads all the time. this is probably the squeak that you are hearing

Quick Reply: Squeak from Passengers side front wheel hub