Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thinking about switching to a 2 Bar MAP Speed Density Tune

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2013, 04:33 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thinking about switching to a 2 Bar MAP Speed Density Tune

I am thinking about paying the single credit and switching to a Speed Density Tune. I am also thinking about putting in the 2 Bar GM MAP Sensor too just to make it worth it.

I have really gotten the MAP side tuned right where I want it and every time I work with the MAF my idle issues return eventually. I have messed with it gotten help and it always seems to be an issue. I have never minded the extra time to tune the VE Table on MAP but at this point I am seriously considering pulling the trigger.

So those of you here who deal with this, I would really like your thoughts. Pro's and Con's? The car eventually will be Supercharged unless I finally pull the trigger on a 100 Shot. But those are the two paths down the road it will most likely take.

I have tuned the MAF multiple times and it seems fine, but it always seems to run the best on the MAP/VE Settings with the MAF Disabled. I have also cleaned the MAF and the connections are all good. Its not giving me any error codes either. (Figured these questions might come up)

As long as I am willing to spend the time getting the VE table dialed in this should not be an issue correct? I have the wideband, I have the time to go through it and the RTT feature should be useful. Is there anything else I should know or be concerned with?

Thanks
Old 02-24-2013, 04:47 AM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Why would you waste the money on a 2 bar COS and sensor if you're not even forced induction? Makes zero sense. Just leave it in speed density if that's how it runs best. A 2 bar sensor and OS won't gain you a thing.
Old 02-24-2013, 06:50 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by edcmat-l1
Why would you waste the money on a 2 bar COS and sensor if you're not even forced induction? Makes zero sense. Just leave it in speed density if that's how it runs best. A 2 bar sensor and OS won't gain you a thing.
x2. Especially if you go the nitrous route, then you wasted the money for certain.

Quick Reply: Thinking about switching to a 2 Bar MAP Speed Density Tune