Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

LT1 Guys Come On In Please

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2013, 09:53 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LT1 Guys Come On In Please

Hey all,

I am building a 1984 C10 and was originally going to LT1 383 high compression E85 NA but decided to change pistons to lower compression and go turbo. My question is, how many of you are running or have ran the Opti and stock ECU? I have read that there are people that have good results with them. I am not shooting for crazy power....700ish to wheels. I orignally was going to sell all of my EFI stuff and go Blow Through Carb but after researching I am having second thoughts. I currently have my forged splayed shortblock, AFR 227s 65cc, Vic E, Arron Sheetmetal ELbow, ASM Monoblade, Siemens Deka 80lbs injectors, ford 9 inch, built th350, and two stock 96 LT1 ECUs. I figured one tune for 93 octane and another for e85. Chevy Performance Optis are on clearance at Summit for $199 and then I would only need a custom wiring harness..$450 plus my turbo goodies and fuel supply. I have not researched turbo size yet because I am trying to figure out fuel delivery first and if the Opti will work I want to buy one while on clearance. Thoughts please?
Old 02-25-2013, 12:24 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nobody has any help? I know most of you are LSX guys and I respect that as I have two of them but there has gotta be someone running the Opti and stock ECU on a Turbo LT1? Maybe someone can point me in the right direction?

Quick Reply: LT1 Guys Come On In Please