PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

c6 m6 reasembly

Old 02-25-2013, 10:57 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default c6 m6 reasembly

i have a costumer that brought in a 2005 c6 m6 that had been stripped and he wants it put back together. the problem is that he bought an engine out of an 07 that has the 58x reluctor not the 24x that the car came with. does anyone know what is needed to get it working. i have to get a new engine harness and computer so that is not an issue but is there anything else that may prevent the car from working like a bcm or underdash wiring that may be different?
Old 02-25-2013, 12:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gczj13
i have a costumer that brought in a 2005 c6 m6 that had been stripped and he wants it put back together. the problem is that he bought an engine out of an 07 that has the 58x reluctor not the 24x that the car came with. does anyone know what is needed to get it working. i have to get a new engine harness and computer so that is not an issue but is there anything else that may prevent the car from working like a bcm or underdash wiring that may be different?
I hope you are getting paid well for this because it just screams headaches to me. I would see if he can just get the correct year engine for the car and save alot of extra work. Regarding the reluctor, I think Lingenfelter makes a reluctor adapter or something but not sure if it will work on that combo...
Old 02-25-2013, 09:42 PM
Teching In

well the computer and various bits are all going to be sourced from a 2007 vette so the reluctor issue should be taken care of. i am not sure if the other components such as the bcm are compatible with all the 2007 vette parts.
Old 04-01-2013, 10:55 AM
Teching In

I have a couple of connectors that im have trouble identify exactly what they go to if anyone can help me figure it out it would be much appreciated. They are located next to or under the battery.

Old 04-03-2013, 11:23 AM
Teching In

Anybody?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: c6 m6 reasembly