Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New Member and Project

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2013, 09:28 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Member and Project

Hello Folks!

I'm new to the LS1 Tech forum and I'm happy to be here. I have used this site multiple times to access information and useful tips. You guys, and gals, have been extremely helpful so I thought I would return the favor. A couple buddies and me decided to put our collective brain cells together and build a pro touring 1971 Firebird. Now, before one of you blows a gasket about gutting a rare firebird, keep in mind that this was a base model 350 auto with an open rearend, not a T/A or Formula.

We are presently about halfway thru the build. I will load pics and try to include information about parts used and problems that we ran into. I will also include a few pics of what the final product will look like (designed it on Forza! LOL)

Anyway, enough typing, onto the good stuff. If you guys have questions, let me know. I will try to answer as fast as I can but I have three businesses to run so it may not be right away. We will be selling this car at the Indy Mecum auction unless someone steps up before then. The final price isn't set yet of course but I will let you know.

As you can see the car was green over green over green. The interior was great so we carefully pulled out all the pieces and with the help of SEM paint(awesome stuff) every panel and the headliner were converted to black. The LS1 donor was tired and dirty so a complete overall was on the docket..

Matt
Attached Thumbnails New Member and Project-img_6186.jpg   New Member and Project-imag1054.jpg   New Member and Project-img_6191.jpg   New Member and Project-img_6399.jpg   New Member and Project-img_6555.jpg  

New Member and Project-img_6567.jpg   New Member and Project-img_6608.jpg   New Member and Project-img_6612.jpg  
Old 02-25-2013, 09:33 PM
Teching In

Here are a few pics of the final paint and striping design. The painter is already working on the hood, fenders, doors and trunk. As soon as we are done with the main body he will get on that too.

(We will not have a shaker hood scoop and the rear bumber will be painted body color.)
Attached Thumbnails New Member and Project-img_6708.jpg   New Member and Project-img_6706.jpg   New Member and Project-img_6709.jpg  
Old 02-26-2013, 05:33 PM
Teching In

Welcome, looks like its gonna be one sexy bird!
Cant wait to see your project develop
Old 02-26-2013, 06:16 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Bandit 43
Welcome, looks like its gonna be one sexy bird!
Cant wait to see your project develop
Thanks! I started a new thread in the conversion section for it. I figured that's the best place to start. Title is LS1/T56 1971 Firebird

Quick Reply: New Member and Project