Automotive News, Media & Press Television | Magazines | Industry News

2014 Fiesta ST, $21,400 MSRP

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2013, 06:59 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 2014 Fiesta ST, $21,400 MSRP

http://www.autoblog.com/2013/02/26/2...21-400-w-poll/

We've played around with the online configurator, and a fully loaded Fiesta ST comes in right below the $27,000 mark. Of course, this price includes niceties like partial-leather Recaro seats ($1,995), a HD audio system with MyFord Touch infotainment and navigation ($795), upgraded 17-inch dark alloy wheels ($795) and a power moonroof ($795). Molten Orange and Green Envy paint schemes will set you back an additional $595, as well.

Here's where things get tricky, though: Option out a larger Focus ST with similar levels of equipment and you're spending $29,825, all-in. Even at the base end of the spectrum, the larger Focus only represents a $2,300 price premium over the Fiesta ST, and in addition to quite a bit more space, the bigger hatch also offers a more powerful 2.0-liter turbo four with 252 horses and 270 lb-ft.
At that price I don't see them selling too many over the Focus. I'm sure it will get better gas mileage, but the Focus is giving you A LOT more for the $2,300 price difference. I was thinking it was going to be around the $18k price point to keep some distance between the two.

Either way, Ford is coming out with some awesome cars lately! I haven't had a chance to drive it yet (because they ordered it brand new), but my parents are getting the new Fusion with the 2.0T. IMO it's by far the best car in the midsize market right now, all the other midsize cars look the same these days.
Old 03-01-2013, 10:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not sure I see the point of the Fiesta in ST trim. But I guess marketing guys never sleep, do they? My 2012 Focus Titanium has proven to be a joy though. Great car inside and out, and handles awesome. I don't see Ford converting many potential Focus buyers with this Fiesta ST. Who's gonna pay 20k+ for a compact? I wouldn't. Hell, the reason I went with the Focus is because I wanted a fuel efficient 4 door that I could option way up and still come up under 23K. Why would I pay similar money for an un-optioned smaller car that isn't really any faster than my NA 4 banger?

Quick Reply: 2014 Fiesta ST, $21,400 MSRP