What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

2000 Camaro Z28

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2013, 05:18 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 Camaro Z28

So yeah, I've widened my search just to see what's all out there and came across this... Listed at just under $10k

2000 Camaro Z28 - 40,000 miles - Clean Carfax (2 owner)
Auto, leather, t-tops, fog lights, ASR, power seat/windows/mirrors

There are more photos and details here: [Link]

Outside of the radio, it looks pretty nice. Though a big drawback for me is that it's located in Virginia. Not only is it nearly 1000 miles away, but it was also a state affected by Hurricane Sandy last year. I might sound paranoid, but when I see a price this low on a low-mile Z28, I can't help but wonder - even with a clean history report.

This is mostly a curiosity right now, though I wouldn't mind making a road trip out of it since the car does have all of the options I'm looking for and is in my preferred color (reminds me of my old '84). What do you think? Would it be worth the trek?
Old 02-27-2013, 10:20 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 442 Likes on 319 Posts

The Camaro is actually priced right for a 2000 Z28. It isn't that cheap. The low mileage is a real 'bonus' if the car was cared for and not abused. Not sure what happened to the radio. It could have been a youngster messing with it or ???
I certainly would make the effort to check it out after all your questions are answered in phone calls with the seller. It's just a 2 day drive if you can do 500 miles each day. It would be a real 'bonding' experience with the car on the way home. Fast food and cheap motels are nothing in the grand scheme of buying a car that you like. If you don't like the car after you get there, it isn't the end of the world. Just go home and be glad you didn't make the mistake of having the car shipped to you. Been there, done that. Just try to get every single question answered ahead of time. If satisfied, the odds are 90% or better that you will own the car.
Don't worry about the hurricane. The city where the car is located is west of Richmond, not even close to the ocean.
Old 02-27-2013, 11:07 AM
Staging Lane

I just bought my 2000 Z28 with 50,000 miles, completely stock, great condition. The guy was asking 9,000 and I got it for 8,500, so the one you're looking at looks like a pretty good deal if you could get it for 9,000 or 9,500
Old 02-28-2013, 04:39 AM
Teching In

Thanks for the tips guys. I guess I'm just so used to seeing overpriced Camaros around here [usually $11k for cars with more than 60k miles, regardless of year] that it's kind of a shocker to see one priced about where it should be. I just might give it a shot, though it might take me a week or so to get things set up. Hopefully they don't sell it by then.

Quick Reply: 2000 Camaro Z28