Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MAF Sensor Interchangeable???

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2013, 02:45 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default MAF Sensor Interchangeable???

I am installing a 5.3 LS engine that originally came out of a Chevy Express van. The MAF sensor that came in it is rediculously long, and I want a shorter sensor (so my air filter can be mounted close to the intake). Are all 5.3 MAF sensors interchangeable? My MAF sensor has a 5 wire connector. Below is a picture of my plug (that plugs into my MAF).
Attached Thumbnails MAF Sensor Interchangeable???-maf-plug.jpg  
Old 02-27-2013, 03:16 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

The mass air that you have is removable from the housing. There are aftermarket housings out there that your MAF will drop into.

If you are set on using the one piece 5 wire maf we keep those in stock, and we can provide an adapter harness for adapting your current connector to the proper one for the one piece MAF.

Standalone LS Swap Harnesses IN STOCK!
LSX, LTX Stand alone swap harnesses. S10 LSX conversion PLUG AND PLAY harnesses, 24x conversion PLUG AND PLAY harnesses. LT1 to LSX PLUG AND PLAY Harnesses.
sales@bp-automotive.com
www.bp-automotive.com
1-888-467-4491

Last edited by BP Automotive; 02-27-2013 at 03:21 PM.
Old 02-28-2013, 07:42 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by BP Automotive
The mass air that you have is removable from the housing. There are aftermarket housings out there that your MAF will drop into.

If you are set on using the one piece 5 wire maf we keep those in stock, and we can provide an adapter harness for adapting your current connector to the proper one for the one piece MAF.
I don't see how it would be removable. From the pictures below, this housing is built different than a lot of the others I see out there.
Attached Thumbnails MAF Sensor Interchangeable???-maf.jpg   MAF Sensor Interchangeable???-maf2.jpg  
Old 02-28-2013, 08:07 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by PWagon
I don't see how it would be removable. From the pictures below, this housing is built different than a lot of the others I see out there.
Unfortunately yours is not removable. I figured that you were utilizing the popular ls3 MAF. Thats what I get for thinking!

Your easiest route would be to use the ls6 style maf with an adapter. The ls6 style came in the trucks too. They are everywhere.

LSX, LTX Stand alone swap harnesses. S10 LSX conversion PLUG AND PLAY harnesses, 24x conversion PLUG AND PLAY harnesses. LT1 to LSX PLUG AND PLAY Harnesses.
sales@bp-automotive.com
www.bp-automotive.com
1-888-467-4491
Old 02-28-2013, 09:48 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i am using a 6.0 liter out of an express van as well in my 70 chevelle and i had the same MAF sensor you do. i just bought a MAF for a 2500 pickup same year same engine with the 5 wire plug and its shaped totally different. the only issure is that the plugs are different shape and size. you can buy on ebay just the plug for the new MAF sensor. the plug comes with new pins and everything.
Old 02-28-2013, 09:53 AM
Staging Lane

So just to clarify, are all 5.3, 6.0 MAF sensor interchangealbe as long as you get an adapter plug? I just want to make sure I completely understand before I go buying parts I can't use. Do you guys happen to have the part number for this adapter and the LS6 style MAF?
Old 02-28-2013, 09:58 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Yes it will work. If you are wanting to purchase a new Delphi with the adapter plug, we can provide them both for $150. If you want the part number shoot me a pm.

sales@bp-automotive.com
www.bp-automotive.com
1-888-467-4491
Old 02-28-2013, 11:04 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

So just to clarify, are all 5.3, 6.0 MAF sensor interchangealbe as long as you get an adapter plug? I just want to make sure I completely understand before I go buying parts I can't use. Do you guys happen to have the part number for this adapter and the LS6 style MAF?
Double check your MAF Tables. They are different if you switch that MAF out for a standard Vortec style you will have to change them in the PCM if you are still using the stock express van tune.

Jon
PSI

Your Source for LSX Conversion Parts!
www.psiconversion.com

Ebay Store
Facebook/psiconversion
Instagram/psiconversion

'Dont Let EFI Pass You By!'

Last edited by psiconversion; 02-28-2013 at 11:10 AM.
Old 08-12-2013, 02:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to bump this old thread, but it seemed like a good place to ask this.

How different are the MAF tables? My pcm is tuned for an LS1 maf, but I have a 5.3 maf sitting here in the garage. Will the engine run at all or is it going to be completely **** until I can get a retune?

Quick Reply: MAF Sensor Interchangeable???