LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

engine install checklisr

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2013, 03:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default engine install checklisr

Finally getting around to putting my motor back in while the other one is being built. What I'm looking for is a good checklist run down for putting my motor back in. I don't want to over look anything and have to do it all over again.

The car is getting longtubes, air/egr delete, ac delete, and a tune. Other than that not changing anything. It was easy pulling it out, but want tips and tricks for it to go back in. Going to fully re gasket the motor before it goes in too, and using all new bolts from gm.
Old 02-27-2013, 06:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

It's easy for you to suggest that someone provide a "checklist" but we can't check what we don't know.

It's your engine and vehicle so you have to take ownership of what work you did. We can suggest the basics like add oil, prime the oil system, add coolant, bleed the system, etc., but without knowing what you're doing its a fruitless endeavor to rely on us to ensure the success of your swap/install/whatever it is you're doing.

Now if you have certain questions regarding something more specific, say the fuel system, we can do that just fine.
Old 02-28-2013, 04:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

Well this is my first time putting a motor in, so tips like what wires to hook up and route firstcan I have myheaders on before I put it in, how to bleed the ps system. just the normal stuff.
Old 03-01-2013, 08:02 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well bleeding the PS system is really easy, fill up the system and just turn the wheel all the way back and forth to bleed all the air out
Old 03-01-2013, 10:39 AM
TECH Apprentice

i read a while back it was a pain... seems simple enough though. now can i set the motor in with my longtubes installed if its going in the top? running the harness is my big thing is there a certain way to lay it out that makes it any easier? i also dont think i can set it in with the front accesories on it aside from the wp and opti. i have all the time in the world to do this when it gets a little warmer just trying to have everything ready before hand.

Quick Reply: engine install checklisr