Notices
Vehicle Classifieds This an archive of the older vehicle classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

Modded 02 FireHawk

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2013, 05:33 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Modded 02 FireHawk

Year: 2002
Make: Pontiac
Model: Trans Am
Price: $14500
Mileage: 59900
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): CO
Color: White
Transmission: Manual
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive
LS Engine?: Car has LS engine

With regret, I am putting up my prize and joy. The only reason I am even selling this car is because I got a 2012 GS Corvette dumped in my lap...almost literately.

So, here are the mods:

FAST 102mm, 102mm Nick Williams TB, 100mm Nick Williams MAF, Amsoil intake filters, comp cam 230/231, PRC 5.3 2.5, 36 lb injectors & 255 Walboro pump, dual roller timing chain, LS6 ported oil pump, American Racing 1 7/8 headers, corsa exhaust, monster stg. 3 clutch & short shift, sub-frame, S60 and strange DS 4.11.
EFI Live Dyno tune from RMCR.

This past fall I had a lifter take a dump on me and it ruined my camshaft. Wasn't bad because I caught it quick, but I felt a new motor was needed. So, this car also has a new bottom end with a 3 year/ 50K mile warranty. This paperwork will be shown on test drive.

This car is stupid fast, last dyno was 420HP with the EFI Live tune and hot as hell out. The previous dyno run on HP tuners was 436 hp. Car is very stable on take offs and doesn't get all crazy thanks to the suspension and sub frame. I would think that if adjustable control arms were added...wow.

This car also comes with a killer aftermarket sound system. Alpine deck, Diamond amps and speakers. This sounds better than any other system I have built and smokes my corvette Bose sound system.

I also have a few parts that go with the car. I have some performance front brakes to replace the Hawk pads when they are gone, another belt, and factory aluminum drive shaft.

Bad:
-door panel cracks like all other TA's. I just lived with it.

Other:
-At 6000' of elevation, the car gets 20-21 mpg if your a good boy down the freeway. I used this car as a pleasure vehicle and it sat in my garage with a cover on it until fun times were needed.
-HID center lights, very bright. Keep that in mind with the Po-po.
-an exhaust bullet was added after the umteen cop commented on how great the corsa exhaust sounded from 100' away. I got the hint and muffled it a little bit. This caused me to lose the exhaust dump.

Not much else I can say about this car other than a lot of fun. I had to pick between two cars, and I'm going to stay with the Vette. Title in hand.

Any questions or interest , please use my email jeepingcolorado@gmail.com, or call 719-337-7538

I will try to look at the forum daily, but I am very busy right now with tax season.

Pics are in my profile.

Last edited by 02chickenhawk; 03-19-2013 at 03:54 PM. Reason: updating
Old 03-01-2013, 08:56 AM
Teching In

You have a PM.
Old 03-19-2013, 03:57 PM
Staging Lane

I updated the price, motor is now in and runs great. I am in the process of breaking it in.

Sorry for those whom sent PMs and I took forever getting back to you. Please call or email.

Quick Reply: Modded 02 FireHawk