LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Air Pump Woes 1994 LT1

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2013, 01:56 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air Pump Woes 1994 LT1

I have a 1994 Firebird Formula 5.7L 6-speed manual trans

I have an error code 29 pointing to the air pump. I unplugged the air pump, reset the codes and it still comes on. The air pump isn't working, I tested with a new relay. I don't really care about the air pump working, I just don't want the ses light on.

I am aware of the possibility of the check valve getting stuck or failing so I'm getting a new one to put on it. (can anyone tell me where the check valve is while I'm at it?)

The vehicle is running rich also, using more gas than usual and I'm not sure if this is related, the o2 sensors are fairly new and are operating properly. It also has a rough idle.

Attached is a scan result
Attached Thumbnails Air Pump Woes 1994 LT1-capture.jpg  
Old 03-01-2013, 02:28 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So it turns out, it was the fuse. I feel kinda dumb but I know a guy who once put a brake pad on backwards and it heated up so bad it busted the piston in the caliper. Sorry to waste anybody's time.
Old 03-01-2013, 02:42 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 50 Likes on 44 Posts

I asked you to check the fuse in your thread on another forum (before you even started this thread). You never answered back, there, but I guess you checked it. On your car, even if the AIR pump is removed, a good fuse and relay in the circuit will keep the SES off.

Quick Reply: Air Pump Woes 1994 LT1