Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

slave cylinder swap

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2013, 06:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default slave cylinder swap

does anyone have a link for a detailed slave cylinder swap for a T56 Transmission?
Old 03-03-2013, 03:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.installuniversity.com/ins...ch_install.htm

It's what I used when I dropped my tranny to change my slave way back in the day when I was a newbie. Few things the write up doesn't mention...

-Make sure you drain the tranny fluid before anything! I didn't and when I dropped the tranny all the fluid in it dumped out all over me.

-Make sure to disconnect any harnesses connected to the tranny. The write up doesn't mention this. As I tried to drop the tranny it wouldn't pull down all the way because the harnesses were still connected.

-Remember, to get the slave off the whole tranny has to be dropped. From the write up I thought you could just pull back the tranny from the bell housing a few inches and get the slave out. That's not the case as the shaft goes through the slave so you have to pull the whole tranny away to remove the slave.

-If you have the stock clutch right now and are thinking of upgrading someday, do it when you change your slave! I wish I would have. You're right there when you are changing the slave. If you don't do it now, your gonna have to drop the tranny all over again to do the clutch. By myself with no help and no car lift it can be a big job. It's not something I'm looking forward to doing again.

Here is a little video I made of some highlights of when I changed out my slave...

http://www.streetfire.net/video/mast...deo_742064.htm
Old 03-03-2013, 03:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

before i entered this thread, i was thinking "paging TheBlueKnight"

Quick Reply: slave cylinder swap