Old 03-03-2013, 01:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another thread...new everything clutch won't release

Just got my trans rebuilt.

New trans
New LS6 Luk clutch/PP/flywheel
New slave/TOB

Having a hell of time getting clutch to release. It will lurch if i take foot off brake and clutch pedal in 1st gear. Even on a slight incline. Every gear notchy and have to turn off car to start out in reverse or 1st.

I have spent 2 hours bleeding clutch and probably 2 bottles. I'm doing it right off the bleeder. I also did this method in between.

Not sure what to do now..

I did not shim the slave because everything is pretty much stock. Pressure plate was double and triple checked torqued in sequence as well as flywheel.

Only thing that was odd to me and didn't think too much about it was once PP was torqued down some of the fingers were not all even. We are talking under .025 clearance between them. I believe i read that it's acceptable under .030"

Any ideas? I really don't hear/feel or see anymore air being in the lines.

Master is still stock and really it worked before i pulled the trans.
Old 03-03-2013, 06:45 PM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Was the pilot dry lubricated and not binding ?
Old 03-03-2013, 07:39 PM
Teching In

Is the clutch partially releasing right at the end of stroke? If yes, probably need spacer or air in hydraulics or clutch disc is in backwards. If no, pilot bearing may be messed up.
If your sure the air is out then you will likely need to pull the tranny and start inspecting.
Good luck
Old 03-03-2013, 08:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

Yes releasing right off the floor. It creeps as well at idle. I tried a mitivac this afternoon with no bubbles coming up. Bled it some more off the slave and nothing. Clutch is correct direction.

I used a bushing and it was dry, reasoning my input surface was not 100% which is why i choose not to use bearing.
Old 03-04-2013, 08:51 PM
Staging Lane

i had same problem with my ls7 clutch with new master n slave. I could not drive like that. Ended up having to buy the tick master and was back on road again.
Old 03-04-2013, 09:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

I just bought a new tick, i don't think it will fix this but i was wanting one anyway. I'm thinking it's either a warped disc or messed up PP. But i should be getting enough slave travel to at least work..
Old 03-06-2013, 03:10 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by stevo92z28
I just bought a new tick, i don't think it will fix this but i was wanting one anyway.
get the master in yet?
Old 03-06-2013, 04:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

Nope still says "awaiting shipment".
Old 03-19-2013, 05:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

Update:

Well the tick master arrived this weekend while i was out of town. I just installed it this afternoon. Install wasn't too bad, managed to do it myself. Since i don't have a remote bleeder and already put a hole in the trans tunnel i was able to snake the line into the interior so i could bench bleed it while working with pedal(1 man team here). After the pedal felt rock hard went ahead and attached to slave and bled that a few times. Pedal feels GREAT. Hardly stiffer and no mush at top of pedal. Adjusted according to instructions started car and adjusted till it just fell into gear. Smooth as butter. Clutch is completely disengaging! Took the car out with fresh trans and is already shifting better then it did before rebuild. No vibrations, no notchyness and only 10 miles on the trans. I am one happy camper right now! Thanks TICK! Took couple weeks to get here but am very impressed with this unit so far. Can't wait to break everything in then row some gears!
Old 03-19-2013, 08:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Glad to hear you got it figured out. I did the tick master and got an MGW shifter, best two things i ever did to the car. I had grinding and hard to get it gear.
Old 03-19-2013, 08:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

I'd really like to try an MGW shifter, see what all the hype is about!...currently running a pro 5.0.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Another thread...new everything clutch won't release