Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

Help PLEASE!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2013, 08:04 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Help PLEASE!!!

Hello guys I have been a long time lurker had more than my fair share of 3rd and 4th gen Fbodys 90% of them were all V6 models. I then bought a 2005 Pontiac GTO put a 408 and APS twin turbocharged it and life threw me a few curve ball which forced me to part it out and sell it.

I have since got things worked out and I just bought a 1999 Pontiac Trans Am for $6K. The interior of the car is pretty beat up and whoever owned the car before hacked up the factory radio harness and other electrical connections. Well upon me fixing the radio harness over the weekend I noticed that someone ZIP TIED the throttle cable to the gas pedal.

Does anyone know what part number I need for a clip or retain of some sort or a better fix to get rid of the zip ties?

I also need the bolt thread size and pitch of the bolt for the battery wedge thing or a part number so I can go buy one.

Here are the pics of what is in the car.

Thank you guys for any help you can give me.

Old 03-04-2013, 09:15 PM
On The Tree

http://www.ebay.com/itm/93-02-Camaro...item4ac1f9bbb8
Old 03-04-2013, 10:03 PM
On The Tree

For the clip u will probably need to buy a new kit to get the clip or hope someone else has a better idea lol... SORRY
Old 03-05-2013, 05:54 PM
Teching In

Does someone have a picture of one so I can know what to look for or what it looks like?

If I buy a new cable from Lokar does it come with the retaining clip?
Old 03-05-2013, 07:02 PM
Launching!

Thanks for the link I been needing one, does an eBay search not pull it up, have you tried vauto zone or crapa yet?
Old 03-05-2013, 07:29 PM
On The Tree

If you buy a new cable it will tell you whether it comes with the Clip or not. . Look on ebay it's going to be cheaper if you go through there. And if you buy the entire kit it will come with the clip but that's like $50 dollars or more.
Old 03-05-2013, 07:33 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by '99REDTA
Thanks for the link I been needing one, does an eBay search not pull it up, have you tried vauto zone or crapa yet?
Lol i love the names im probably going to start calling them that now!!! Advance auto??? Got one for them lmfao!!!! the auto stores will probably carry the entire kit but they will be expensive lol but they may also be able to find a clip that might work
Old 03-05-2013, 07:38 PM
On The Tree

Thats if u can fins someone behind the counter that knows more about cars than u do and that's slim to none lol... i always give them a hard time and act like i have no clue what im looking for and then when they look at me like **** idk what u need either. I tell them what i need and they get embarrassed haha....

Quick Reply: Help PLEASE!!!