Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need 99-04 5.3 swap info

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2013, 08:43 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need 99-04 5.3 swap info

I recently picked up a 2000 model mustang factory v6 but the previous owner had a 2Jz in it and he pretty much gutted it which put the thought of a swap into my mind. With the price of the 5.0 coyote being so high I really would like to do a 5.3. I can get a motor locally pretty cheap and I am considering an after market t-56 but could I use a factory 99-00 cobra transmission mount and drive shaft? I am also planning on just using the Jegs 5.3 engine controller but I am un-sure of the tuneablity, if anyone has any info it would be greatly appreciated. Last I happen to live In a warm climate and was curious if anyone knew how to retain a/c and power steering?

Any links and advice is greatly appreciated thanks guys
Old 03-04-2013, 09:17 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cobra t56's are completely different. I don't know what you mean on the jegs engine controller. You could just get either the truck harness and ecu or do what I did and got the camaro harness ecu and had a local shop reflash it to run. Or you can buy hp tuners and do it yourself. I haven't yet got to the Ac part of the swap. But I'm sure it's gonna be easy. I used all fbody accessories. I bought a flow control valve that goes into the gm pump and bought an fittings from maximum motorsports and bought some fittings and an line. I also swapped to vacuum pump and master so I didn't have to deal with the hydroboost. I used my stock mustang drive shaft and bought a converaion u joint to the gm yolk. Check out my build if your interested in anything.

Quick Reply: need 99-04 5.3 swap info